Archived Anyone else have their PDA's go down today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're a 4am Super, and the PDA's went down at 0630, supposedly for a software update. No one knew this was coming. As the hours passed, nothing. Pricing and Instocks wound up helping the flow team push freight.

I left at noon, and as you can imagine, there is ton's of backstock just sitting in the back. The backroom team is going to come in 2 hours early tomorrow, just to try to catch up.

And you can imagine all the pulls that weren't completed. Office, for instance.

Oh well, that's Target for you...

Yep. I enjoyed it. Got to clear out some PIPO. We'll see how I feel tomorrow...

Pfresh store here. Happened a little after 8 this morning. Pricing jumped on the Pfresh truck (which was awesome cause they all have done it many times and we busted through it like nobody's business). Then we basically zoned half the store til they came back up and then caf's started to explode. So glad I got done at 2.

Ours went down between 6:30a and 7a, and also for that software update. I was pulling a batch for a focal I was setting and they went down 5 minutes after I got done, so I was lucky to at least get one thing done today... We couldn't even log onto the store applications program on the computers to print POG labels. I left at 2:30 and they were still down! I feel so bad for the closers tonight when all of the hourly CAFs drop, on top of the autofills and price change that was still in there this morning. On the bright side, they won't have to worry much about the zone or reshop!

Ours went down as well, it wasn't an update though. When I called help desk it was a global known issue, no cause known and no ETA for repair time. We finished truck and went home luckily no truck tomorrow except the backstock from todays. If their still down tomorrow, well were screwed.

We're a 4am Super, and the PDA's went down at 0630, supposedly for a software update. No one knew this was coming. As the hours passed, nothing. Pricing and Instocks wound up helping the flow team push freight.

I left at noon, and as you can imagine, there is ton's of backstock just sitting in the back. The backroom team is going to come in 2 hours early tomorrow, just to try to catch up.

And you can imagine all the pulls that weren't completed. Office, for instance.

Oh well, that's Target for you...

We're Pfresh store -- ours went down about 6:30am and when I left at 11:30am it still wasn't up. Freight finally got done -- since in=stocks finished it. Price-change left -- to save hours as they will have even more work tomorrow (if it's back up). I'm sure in=stocks won't be doing full scan for hardlines tomorrow as there will be ALOT of backstock. They didn't do it all week anyways.

Came to work at 7:30 to complete an entertainment scan, but that did not happen. Instead I ended up working some left overs from last night at the fitting rooms (that was bright note from today). Then did freshness in a a few aisle of market. Zoned most of market between back-up cashier calls (lots of those today). Helped get carts in the afternoon before going home. Left just about an hour ago and our PDAs had yet to come up. The LOD sent most of the back room/instocks team home early and told them that tomorrow might be a long day for them. Many were asked to come at 6am, instead of 7:30am. I hate to say it, but I am glad that I am off for the next 3 days, as I am sure there will be lots of ketchup (catch up) to do. Still backstock from yesterday's truck. Can only imagine what the stockroom will look after tomorrow's truck. Sounds like we are going to do our scan next Thursday.

Ours went down at 5:30am MST, stayed down till about 12:30pm. I was pricing, they sent everyone home while I stayed and helped with abandon. It's a good thing I stayed because when they went back up, the other pricing TMs drove back while I jumped onto the workload for the last few hours of my shift. Would of hated to have to come all the way back.

Anyone know if they stopped working last night? Trying to figure out if closer had a reason to not pull price change.

A couple of sales floor and front end people at my store reported not being able to log in, or do defectives last night. However, I don't know if everything went down then.

PDAs down all day today and still weren't up at 4 pm when I got off, no pricing, pulls or instocks were able to be done.

Same here. Around 8am. So close finishing up the entertainment scan.

Like everyone, we just pushed anything in the back. They made a section to flex 8 different kind of notebooks.

It was awful having them go down the first time I ever had to use it for Food Ave. my heart was racing!

Ours were still down at close. No pulls all day, and I hear the back room was a mess. We couldn't defect anything at all today, either. Tomorrow (provided they come back up) will be hell for some people.

Anyone know if they stopped working last night? Trying to figure out if closer had a reason to not pull price change.

Yes, they went down the previous night also. Our went down on Wednesday night, were working Thursday morning for a couple of hours, then went back down. RF apps and item search came up about 4 hours later. This caused us to miss PCV, we can't tie any planograms, and had to work an extra long pricing shift to get it completed.

Ours went down yesterday (Thursday) morning around 7:30, right after we got finished pulling the Autofills. We're a 4AM GM (non-P-fresh) store, and it wasn't a truck day for us, luckily. Myself and one other TM on non-truck days. I couldn't pull the times for the Autofills, according to RWT they hadn't dropped yet - I thought that was odd. The PDAs seemed a little slower than normal, if that's even possible. My other TM spent nearly 2 hours in the OFCE pull, so I was irritated that I couldn't see the total times. It was probably a 4 hour pull since we usually beat our pull times by 50%. We only work until 9:30 on non-truck days, so I spent the last two hours catching up on miscellaneous tasks that we had fallen behind on lately. My other TM helped push the C&S food order. My dayside TM came in at 8 AM and was doing everything he could without a PDA. He and the mid-shift TM got put on hardlines the remainder of the day after we were gone. He said he wound up leaving early, and they were still down as of 4PM.

I'm off work at Target today, but I've been in touch this morning and they were working again when my 4AM team came in for the truck today, so I'm not sure what time they came back up (sometime between 4PM yesterday and this morning.)

However, I just heard that they went down AGAIN this morning, just after 5:30. The truck unload was probably either finished or very close to it, but the Autofills were not. They were probably heavy since no CAFs got pulled yesterday. I thought about rearranging my work schedule at my other job to come in and help catch up today, so glad that I didn't waste my time with it. What a mess!! We've been trying desperately to catch up with backstock since inventory, and now it's definitely not going to happen.

:dash2:

I heard ours came back up around 9:30 (RF Apps only upon login you were given the "Oops something happened" with a button to RF apps) we had to push all our truck and not sure if it was due to the PDA issues or the new ETL working their first night alone but the truck was not acknowledged either so our pulls were monsters due to not being done all day and the truck not being acknowledged. they did go down again around 5:30 but only for 5-10 minutes

they also went down wed night/thurs morning for the monthly update (first thursday of every month around 1:30AM) which Im guessing caused some sort of issue which is why they were down all day trying to fix, they seemed to work fine thurs morning after they came back up though so Im not sure what the deal was.

Last edited:
I went in later last night to do some shopping after work (was in the area) and a few people said they had been up & down all night and it had been a rough night. My TL saw me and said "man I wish you were working tonight, we could use you." Today is my first night in electronics. Hopefully it's back up tonight or it will be another interesting night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back