Archived Anyone else heard of this policy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be living under a rock....I have absolutely no idea who this man is.

Gift certificate Vs. Gift card.....it is an interchangeable phrase. Gift Certificates have been around much longer than Gift Cards and many people still use the term.
In the olden days, before fancy computer gift cards existed, when you bought a gift certificate for someone, you got a special paper that had all information on it....thus it was called a "gift certificate." Yep, 20 years ago "gift cards" didn't exist......they were just beginning to appear.

Last edited:
Uh okay I just want to know what being “lectured by the target staff” was like. If he’s buying a gift card and a jacket literally what cashier ever is going to be like “oh my god is this for a homeless person? What is wrong with you?” And call a GSTL over and have them say the same thing. And discourage him from buying anything. Cashiers scan and press buttons. I don’t even talk to guests and I certainly don’t give a flying fuck what they’re buying and for what reason. I just.. need more details on exactly what happened because I can’t even see anything happening and even if anything did I just feel like he’s exaggerating.

Also whenever anyone says “I’m going to stop shopping here and I’m going to tell other people to shop shopping here”, gross. You’re not that important lol

That’s insane, we can’t do anything about the people that come in the store if they’re doing no harm; we have plenty of people from the homeless community come in on a daily, STL even gave some food once from Cafe and a “gift certificate”.

Homeless people in West Hollywood?

YLI1mDw.png

I wander how they knew who the guy was buying for... like its no ones business to say who to buy for and plus what if it was a gift or something else like what a horrible staff to even tell a shopper not to do. I find it weird that the staff would even say who you can shop for or not that is just horrible customer service! No way that was a target policy I have never heard of such policy anywhere I shop!
I wonder if he brought the homeless person into the store with him.

Captain Jack to the rescue. Jack, Gwen, Rhys, and the new Torchwood need to team up with 13 and Paternoster Gang.

These are bad reactions by businesses because they fear he and others will routinely return and solicit money from guests.

Uh okay I just want to know what being “lectured by the target staff” was like. If he’s buying a gift card and a jacket literally what cashier ever is going to be like “oh my god is this for a homeless person? What is wrong with you?” And call a GSTL over and have them say the same thing. And discourage him from buying anything. Cashiers scan and press buttons. I don’t even talk to guests and I certainly don’t give a flying fuck what they’re buying and for what reason. I just.. need more details on exactly what happened because I can’t even see anything happening and even if anything did I just feel like he’s exaggerating.

Also whenever anyone says “I’m going to stop shopping here and I’m going to tell other people to shop shopping here”, gross. You’re not that important lol

tbh I don't talk to guests either unless they want to chat with me. I know that technically Target has a no solicitation policy, but it most definitely is not the job of some rando cashier to enforce it. like Leo said, more details are needed.

Within a certain segment of the geek community Captain Jack has a major following.
The guy has like 496K Twitter Followers.
I'd say a lot of them fall heavily into Spot's demographic.
He has contracts to be in three different Arrowverse shows, is a cult figure in the Whoverse, and does Broadway.

IMPORTANT, no he isn't.
Important, maybe.

As far as I am aware our District doesn't have this policy. The city of Houston does but we don't nor would we stop anyone especially someone who is a actor and has a prolific following

Does Houston really enforce that policy though?
I haven’t seen anything done and I see homeless around everyday.

Personally I’m not even trained in cashier but I think I’d be in trouble if I refused a legitimate sale.

I must be living under a rock....I have absolutely no idea who this man is.

John Barrowman. Probably best known as Malcolm Merlyn on Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow, or Captain Jack Harkness on Torchwood (with recurring guest appearances on Doctor Who).

Wow thats a nice looking target I would like to visit it.

As you can see.... I don't have a freakin' clue who this guy is. So here's my question..... is he "currently" working? I see comments on his prior roles... but anything recent? 2018? Is his social media "awareness/disgruntle-ness" an attempt to keep his name/face in the spotlight? (no pun intended on "spot"light). Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back