Anyone else kind of hate your inbound team?

@allnew2 Pulling a pallet from the backroom onto the floor is the way my TL and more experience GM's than me taught me how to do it. It's still 10x more efficient than U-boats or flatbeds. If there is a more efficient way post-modernization than my store must have missed that memo. Which just reinforces my believe that my store's leadership is lackluster.
What you are doing is post-modernization.
Having a good sort straight on vehicles is more efficient than a pallet since on pallet you just add different aisles . Besides I have a feeling that once store opens no pallets allowed right? So now you are touching that freight 3 times because you have to transfer it back on a vehicle.

@allnew2 Pulling a pallet from the backroom onto the floor is the way my TL and more experience GM's than me taught me how to do it. It's still 10x more efficient than U-boats or flatbeds. If there is a more efficient way post-modernization than my store must have missed that memo. Which just reinforces my believe that my store's leadership is lackluster.
Pallets?????? What is this 2018??? I’m shocked your SD still has a job. I barely even use flats. All uboats with the occasional flat. It’s best practice. Only thing that should use a pallet is transition that’s being caught and trapped.

Was think he was meaning pipo pallets or maybe a noncon pallet of pet food otherwise its far more efficient to just sort onto uboats and some flats for the bulky stuff. Reading it again i might be wrong which is just mindblowing at this point

Even that went away since it needs to go straight to floor . But yeah seems like that store is stuck in 2018
We still sort and trap our transition. The only thing we didn't do was bts since it was set super early. Even our bedding transition was trapped but mostly just because it was easier to set it overnight empty and have them push it during the day.

We still sort and trap our transition. The only thing we didn't do was bts since it was set super early. Even our bedding transition was trapped but mostly just because it was easier to set it overnight empty and have them push it during the day.
Must be nice to set overnight but that also it’s not a thing anymore . I don’t trap transition because I also own Plano and always staying ahead . Like this week is toys which I started last week on Wednesday on top of the new 7 pogs that hq decided to drop in mini seasonal. The whole purpose of staying ahead is to have truck to floor without the trapping.

Must be nice to set overnight but that also it’s not a thing anymore . I don’t trap transition because I also own Plano and always staying ahead . Like this week is toys which I started last week on Wednesday on top of the new 7 pogs that hq decided to drop in mini seasonal. The whole purpose of staying ahead is to have truck to floor without the trapping.
Yeah i wish we could of stayed ahead i got moved from plano tl once overnight stopped for us. Were about right on time rn maybe a day or 2 ahead nothing that would realistically make a difference

Even that went away since it needs to go straight to floor . But yeah seems like that store is stuck in 2018
Yeah still best practice though! We set ahead for most things so we can go straight to floor but with things like last week when I got 400 cases of toy transition on one trailer I had them sort it by aisle onto 4-5 pallets or it would have taken up all my uboats lol. Just pushed it all by end of day but no way I was sending that all down my line. Other than that it usually just goes to the DBo and we let them decide if it should be flexed or backstocked.

Yeah still best practice though! We set ahead for most things so we can go straight to floor but with things like last week when I got 400 cases of toy transition on one trailer I had them sort it by aisle onto 4-5 pallets or it would have taken up all my uboats lol. Just pushed it all by end of day but no way I was sending that all down my line. Other than that it usually just goes to the DBo and we let them decide if it should be flexed or backstocked.
How did you sort it if you didn’t send it on the line? Or do you mean you trapped it right at the front? Yeah I got a lot of transition toys for aisles I didn’t even set but my direction is no trapping straight to vehicles. I guess I’m fortunate to have enough vehicles to sustain two trucks .But believe me I would have loved to trap that crap

Back