Archived Anyone Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one schedule with 24 hours, posted Friday night... and the other apparently changed after that to cut me to 10 hours.

The posted one still says 24 hours, and if I hadn't dug in the pile in the pharmacy I wouldn't have known about the changes. No mention to me about checking that one for anything either.

But our veteran cashiers apparently are being cut big time next week - like, down to 16 hours.

The majority of Hardlines team members in my store have dropped from 40 down to 10-15. However, I know the TLs are giving people with next to no availability next to no hours while trying to give more hours to people with open availability. I think they think they can justify giving people with no availability less hours. Also, some of the seasonal people who are hoping to get an offer of permanent employment aren't happy about being dropped so drastically.

I'm a PA; got 32 which I bumped up to 36 after swapping a shift with another Market TM back to my normal shift (they gave me the mid instead of my usual open but he hates opening so that was a pointless schedule lol). That's about as low as it gets for a PA at my store unless you take time off...

I still have my usual 32 as a PA, and I think my counterpart does as well, but I think our two part-time PA's saw some cuts. I remember last year I was getting 35-40 hour weeks between sales floor, flow, and market, and then the week after Christmas I got cut to 8 hours over two days, both market shifts. I'm also curious to see if this lasts.

Part time PAs? let alone.. both? what in the hell.

PA will prolly be the only dept with hrs during Q1; marking down all the seasonal d�cor, apparel, toys, etc.

PA as Perishables Assistant, I doubt i'll be marking down toys, but it would be an honestly nice change, returning to my roots near Hardlines.

New schedule that just went up 23.5 hrs. Hoping this bodes well for staying on after season. They told me I would know by the 9th, but I did notice that this upcoming week several other cashiers/sales floor TMs are not scheduled except for 1-2 days. I am crushing 5 with the opportunity of staying late to help close available most of my work days.

Im a dayside backroom team member and my team lead told me hours were going to be tight the next few weeks so he asked if i would be fine working in a different work center for a few shifts. i said sure since im trained in most parts of the store. I was still given 40 a week for the next few weeks cause he gave me away next week to set sales planners and the week after im on plano.

I still have my usual 32 as a PA, and I think my counterpart does as well, but I think our two part-time PA's saw some cuts. I remember last year I was getting 35-40 hour weeks between sales floor, flow, and market, and then the week after Christmas I got cut to 8 hours over two days, both market shifts. I'm also curious to see if this lasts.

Part time PAs? let alone.. both? what in the hell.

Yes, there's four of us. My then-STL thought it would be a good to have some back-ups trained in case of a call-out, or if myself or my counterpart needed time off. With just the two of us originally, a call-out would make it extremely hard to find someone with a decent-enough knowledge of the workcenter to fill in, and our leadership team likes to keep our CTL busy everywhere in the store but his own section. We finished our remodel right as 4th quarter began so there were lots of tons of extra hours available for everyone, but now that the holidays are over they're probably going to go back to just serving their original purpose of filling in here and there, which sucks.

Last edited:
TL's hours get cut also. Depends on the store though. Usually average 35 or less the rest if the year.

MY CTL scheduled themselves a nice 40 hours on the newest schedule. This would be AFTER somehow getting Tuesday (24th) all the way until the 29th(Sunday) off and calling off Saturday the 21st when I worked 8am to 9:30pm to cover their ass so Market wouldnt look like absolute crap and Xmas(today) is my first day off since December 12th. Must be nice to be them

Last edited:
>>Our Starbucks TL always is sure to get her hours. Everyone else's hours are going down, but she scheduled herself for 48 on the week of the 1st. I'm very glad not to be under her schedule.<<

She scheduled herself for 48 hours? Ouch. That wouldn't fly at our store. No overtime for you!

>>Our Starbucks TL always is sure to get her hours. Everyone else's hours are going down, but she scheduled herself for 48 on the week of the 1st. I'm very glad not to be under her schedule.<<

She scheduled herself for 48 hours? Ouch. That wouldn't fly at our store. No overtime for you!

Forget overtime. No soup hours for you!

It may not count as OT if TLs get New Year's as a holiday (holiday doesn't count toward the usual 40) but it IS gaming the system tho.
Shame to your TL for shorting her team. :nea:

She can get away with it because she is working on the 1st, which is time and a half.

The hours are already cut. They announced they are taking fewer trucks again. This doesn't bother me given that I have cut my days down to two days so that I can focus on learning some skills to get out of retail.

Still at 40 and will probably remain at that. That's what happens when you're the only one in your workcenter ;)

I'm scheduled for 46 hours next week
and 15 for the week after :fool:

I only have 26 or so hours on the newest schedule. Im a PA and am scheduled 3 days on C+S unload and an opening shift and closing shift for market. Glad to get some shorter shifts and 2 days off. I have worked every day other than xmas since Dec 13th with a 13 hour shift thrown in with 15 hours of overtime between last week and this week. I think I calculated it the other day and going back to the week of black friday I had worked like 24 out of 29 days or something like that.

We also have had 2 visits. One right before Xmas(there for recognition but did a walk too) and then a VP visit the day after xmas(3rd visit in a row my CTL has missed, 2 of them being from HQ). AND...to top it off. My CTL SOMEHOW was able to get Vacation from xmas eve (24th) all the way through the 29th and had called out Saturday 21st (our busiest forcast THE WHOLE YEAR). Also love how I have to work 2-10 tonight and then come back to open at 6am. Usually not a big deal but with how much ive worked I feel like all I have done in December is be at work. Cant you tell I just LOVE my CTL :excited:

Last edited:
I'm cut 8 hours and the rest of my IS team has been cut a total of 20. Interesting....I guess we are reducing the number of aisles in the store that need to be scanned each day. Today they told us we need to increase the number of scans. This must be new math.

I'm cut 8 hours and the rest of my IS team has been cut a total of 20. Interesting....I guess we are reducing the number of aisles in the store that need to be scanned each day. Today they told us we need to increase the number of scans. This must be new math.

Duh...dont you know you can always just go faster...I mean cmon, we KNOW you were just slacking off before...right? :dash2:

I knew my hours would go back down to about 30, and I am ok with it. Except for the fact that the new GSA is still getting 37-40 hours (and twice as many GSA shifts). This new GSA is still struggling a lot and a lot of the LODs are annoyed with him (for which I do feel bad about). So I just matter of factly say, whenever they question me about my hours is that they clearly like him better and shrug my shoulders. That just annoys them, so my job there is done.

What they are going to do when the other GSA comes back from loa, I don't know. There simply aren't enough hours for 2 GSTLs and 4 GSAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back