Archived Anyone Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else get their hours cut severely after Christmas?

Sort of, but not anywhere near that badly. I was scheduled to have Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday off last week.

Wednesday was obviously Christmas, so that I had off, but I managed to pick up shifts both Friday and Saturday, and pick up extra hours Thursday which turned my initially scheduled 25.5 hours into 41.

I was scheduled to work 4 days this week as well, the same 4 as last week actually, but I picked up a shift again for Saturday that HR had posted on the shift swap board, and will probably try and pick up a shift Friday or Wednesday as well, I prefer to work 6 days a week, but 5 is tolerable, 4 is not, I need the money to badly to be happy working 4 days.

Fortunately all the students are fixing to go back to school so - tho hrs will be cut - there won't be as many fighting for fewer.

Still at 40 and will probably remain at that. That's what happens when you're the only one in your workcenter ;)

Funny thing about that....I am the only one that is actually keyed in for my workcenter. They just keep telling me that all of those "guest scanners" are my team. I keep telling them that they wouldn't want the paycut from flow.

I'm still pulling my avg. 36-38 on the new schedule. Having open availability and being the only FR/Operator with such availability has its perks.

My hours have actually gone up. I'm scheduled for 24.5, which is actually above my requested 20 hours.

Scratch this, I was looking at a different schedule than you guys.

My first week of January is 5 hours. Other vet. hardlines are getting about 11. Mid. On the one day I do not have open availability.

I'm assuming this is why they are now at four days late posting the schedule.

I went from averaging 35 to 21.5.

I'll take it as it is for now. I'll have my nice three days off (two are off in a row), and then the week after is when I'll start looking to take other people's shifts on the swap shift board.

I went from working 30 to 40 hours back to just 20 hours. But then again there's a few that's only working 5, I can't really complain about barely having hours. But I feel like it'll be my turn next in line to work 4 hours a week. Just waiting for it to creep up. Softlines can only give you so much hours now. Eh.

My hours have actually gone up. I'm scheduled for 24.5, which is actually above my requested 20 hours.

Scratch this, I was looking at a different schedule than you guys.

My first week of January is 5 hours. Other vet. hardlines are getting about 11. Mid. On the one day I do not have open availability.

I'm assuming this is why they are now at four days late posting the schedule.

Open availability helps a lot. I have 18.5 hrs (CA/Cashier), but I have already picked up an additional 3 working late and got called to come in for another 5 tomorrow. I only asked for 25-35 hrs/wk and I am getting near 40 the last two. This week is on track for 30+ again if they ask me to stay late since I am working 6 days.

HR has said while hours are down at our store, it's not as drastic as other stores in our district. My hours haven't gone down, thank goodness. We have a lot of college kids leaving & others just leaving in general so hours for a lot of people are remaining pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back