Archived Anyone ever cause some major mayhem before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I never did at Target, but today at Walmart when I was on the phone with field support, I switched off both server controllers. When I came out of the server room I found out that I had taken the entire store offline for like ten minutes and when registers did come up no one could log in.

The best thing I did, was hit the right button on the backup generator with my etl. Then, run like hell. The end result was partial power for the store like registers, etc.
We were not sure, if it would work.
The pmt had left the generator in test mode, according the service log sheet.

I haven't yet, but I know what I am going to do on my last day.
Our store has gotten a lot of new call boxes, and all of which are attached simply by sliding over the screws. I am going to take all the call boxes and switch their locations. XBox to Home Furniture, Ps4 to Luggage, etc. The hardest ones to pull of will be switching the fitting room and electronics boat boxes.
:cool:

I haven't yet, but I know what I am going to do on my last day.
Our store has gotten a lot of new call boxes, and all of which are attached simply by sliding over the screws. I am going to take all the call boxes and switch their locations. XBox to Home Furniture, Ps4 to Luggage, etc. The hardest ones to pull of will be switching the fitting room and electronics boat boxes.
:cool:

Personally, I would get a spare button from the floor, and reprogram it to different departments and set it off from a secure hiding spot (For you, it seems as though the AP office would work.) The instructions are on Workbench and I may or may not have gotten a Word document from my old ETL-GE that has every call box code ever used, such as Hoop Hut and Table Top. If I am not mistaken, it's on here too.

I can only imagine the hilarity of watching the cameras as people scramble to find the errant button declaring "Fast service needed in the Hoop Hut. Third request, service level exceeded. Who is responding" on TVS.

Nothing, the only thing would be making sure to hit the correct button to reset the media servers in the control room. Our TV wall would skip like a CD every Sunday.

I've broken things by running into them with the WAVe (because one of our WAVes is a piece of shit and doesn't steer correctly), but I have yet to cause serious damage. That'll probably happen once I get trained on the stacker. /runs away

Personally, I would get a spare button from the floor, and reprogram it to different departments and set it off from a secure hiding spot (For you, it seems as though the AP office would work.) The instructions are on Workbench and I may or may not have gotten a Word document from my old ETL-GE that has every call box code ever used, such as Hoop Hut and Table Top. If I am not mistaken, it's on here too.

I can only imagine the hilarity of watching the cameras as people scramble to find the errant button declaring "Fast service needed in the Hoop Hut. Third request, service level exceeded. Who is responding" on TVS.

"Fast service needed in meat. Who's responding?" in a general merchandise (not even P-Fresh) store. :D

One of our new BR guys was pulling a pallet from the steel for me but failed to pull it out a few inches before raising it.
He caught it under a conduit lip & flipped the pallet contents off.
Fortunately, it was cups & lids.
Unfortunately, the boxes that landed below were smashed all to heck & had to be tossed.

Not quite sure if this qualifies....I was acting operator in our store when the fire alarm went off. Not knowing what to do (our store had been open for just a few months), I did an overhead announcement telling guests to exit the store and remain in the parking lot.

Issues: STL wanted to know who had "approved" the overhead announcement.
AP wasn't happy because guests left without paying.

All I can say in my defense is: have you ever been in a burning building? I have. Suddenly your perception of "fire alarms" seems to be that, without notice of a fire drill, all you want to do is get the heck out of the building.

I annihilated a mixed pallet of juices, eggs, apples, and salads one morning before opening. It was a total loss - the produce. I QMOSd nothing and I regret nothing.

(Side note: Fuck you FDC, for stacking juices on top of salads.)

I'd gotten to be pretty decent with the Crown and when I needed to get a pallet of fixtures that was in the Fixture Rooms steel I figured, no problem, I've got this.
So I prop the doors open and move everything around (because you barely have enough room to move the Crown in the the room) and move on in.
Everything went fine until I set it down and heard a shrieking sound that turned out to be the two boxes of cosmetic signing that had been leaning up against the wall being totally destroyed.

PlanoTL, "Why didn't you tell me they were damaged when the signing pallet came in?"
Me, "I forgot?"

During my 1st time working with spot I was a Cart attendant. And one day I was using the pusher with a full load of carts I ended up running over the DTL's foot. During the coaching I started laughing at the etl ap when asked why I was laughing I responded with the DTL was just telling me that he always wears steal toe shoes during visits since he has been run over before.

So I never did at Target, but today at Walmart when I was on the phone with field support, I switched off both server controllers. When I came out of the server room I found out that I had taken the entire store offline for like ten minutes and when registers did come up no one could log in.
I've done this before! Took everything offline, SMART, computers, registers, telxons, MC40s. Was mayhem indeed. But glad I'm jumping ship to the "red side"

Not me...but my store was doing a small remodel. And we had an overnight crew contracted to do some stuff. Well, shortly after they got started one night, the LOD walked into the backroom to discover gas spewing everywhere. The best guess is that someone hit the gas line? We couldn't open the next day until close to noon or 1pm. And I got to spend a beautiful fall day outside sitting on a red ball giving apology coupons to all the guests and explaining that they couldn't enter the building. Save for the guest who tried to run me over, it was a nice day.

As a TPS at my old store I was moving cameras around. Crossed the wrong wires and shorted out the entire power system for our cameras.

Most of our cameras were down for about a week. Oops.

There was that one time when a screen popped up on my register that said "Would you like to release the financial data for 40 million customers?" And I accidentally clicked yes :/

Knew I should have been skeptical when it referred to them as "customers" and not "guests"

I could reprogram one to say "Guest service needed in the Fixture Room" leave the button 4 flights up on the ladder, and no one would get it... (judging by how many shelves are left on my floor daily)

Had a newbie in CO order $1000 in pennies.
The LOD called me into CO & asked if we really needed 40 boxes of pennies.
I said no & he sent the extra back.
When I took over as the main Cash office person one of my newbies ordered about 5k in 1's. yea the LOD called me in and pretty much chewed me out. (rolls eyes)

On my first night closing as GSA, I put all the coins from the drawers of each register into the money bags, forgetting that the coins were supposed to stay in the drawers. Opening GSTL next morning was not pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back