Archived Anyone get in trouble at work b/c TBR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cover is my longevity with the company. I worked at my old store for 17 years before moving to my new one, and a LOT of ETLS passed thorough my old store at one point or another. That, and with with training/prepping for opening I was in 3 stores in a matter of 12 weeks so I have contacts in virtually every store throughout the district so if I blab something I read here my SD just assumes I heard it from one of those contacts.

Yes it is I, the great and powerful Janna Potts. I understand that modernization is physically and emotionally taxing on our stores, cutting hours tremendously while expecting twice the work for the sake of saving money so my bonus continues to grow. In order to show you that I recognize your struggles and appreciate your willingness to follow our rules to avoid losing your job while I pretend you do it because you genuinely love it, I will now allow you to wear jeans. Blue jeans. No holes. If I see one hole in those jeans, I will yeet you directly into the fucking sun. #OneTeamOneDream #CompMyBankAccountHarderDaddy

Yes it is I, the great and powerful Janna Potts. I understand that modernization is physically and emotionally taxing on our stores, cutting hours tremendously while expecting twice the work for the sake of saving money so my bonus continues to grow. In order to show you that I recognize your struggles and appreciate your willingness to follow our rules to avoid losing your job while I pretend you do it because you genuinely love it, I will now allow you to wear jeans. Blue jeans. No holes. If I see one hole in those jeans, I will yeet you directly into the fucking sun. #OneTeamOneDream #CompMyBankAccountHarderDaddy
Dude, not gonna lie, wearing jeans is freaking awesome. Thank you for reminding me of one of the reasons that working here is actually pretty cool. Ditching those godawful khakis was a brilliant move.

My store's Guest Service would be (more of) a dumpster fire if it weren't for this site. I'd be clueless when it comes to our return and Price Match policies if it weren't for this site.

I don't tell people about this site specifically because it's my little secret and how I became great at what I do. If they want to know about it, it's not that hard to find via a quick Google search – that's how I found it.

I’m very open about the break room. I tell my leads I learned most of my training here. I also tell new people about it. No one ever says anything negative.

Except for those of us who can't find jeans that fit. I continue to wear the khakis honestly. I prefer them.
I find khakis uncomfortable and unattractive (on me). It can be tough to find good jeans but still much easier for me than finding khakis that aren't ill-fitting.

There is more information on this site that is direct and concise about pending changes than what one would ever get reading through a silly addendum. The fact Target likes to surprise not only team members, but team leaders, ETLs, and even SDs on "gotcha like" events from the introduction of new apps, to updates on apps, to new grand ideas that will be coming down the pike in a couple of weeks, I like that I know some things before it hits my store.

Every damn Monday, one needs to fear some ill conceived change to something that will take time to clear up but yet is not afforded in any timeline or schedule. Greenfield comes to mind on that when it got dumped on everyone and no one knew how to work it. Don't forget those precious apps too. I fear opening up my email to some new adventure of some silly metric that is supposed to help me but only creates some unnecessary oversight that will only be logged for a dumb DTL visit, if and only if asked.

It is nice to see communication on here that on level is consistent rather than a "shrug your shoulders" attitude, in store, where you hope for the best and where the only solution was to email CSC and hope they would respond in a timely manner that gave a tenable result.

Last edited:
For my first 6 months, I was telling nearly every TM of this website. Nobody really cared and I even gave some screenshots of helpful information to a new TL. Later on said TL said be careful but it was our little thing and I haven’t mentioned much about this site. I say I got a relative that works in San Francisco and they’re already doing it.

I’m very open about the break room. I tell my leads I learned most of my training here. I also tell new people about it. No one ever says anything negative.
I don't hide where I got info, either. And it's helped a couple of times at GS when our SETL hadn't read their memos. I just don't mention I post. I was warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back