Archived Anyone here assigned to "Ship-From-Store" duties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart621

Flow Driver
I've been assigned to do it this week and I feel I suck at it.

It takes me 5.5 hrs to do finish around 60 orders. I'm not sure if I'm slow or it's because the ****ing items were not in the right spots. If I can't find the item, I always double check using item search if we have it and the last time we received it. 90% of the time we have it and I spend a few minutes looking for it and actually finding the item in a wrong spot.

Mercifully, my store isn't part of that pilot. I shudder to think of how bad it'll be, what with our flow issues, TMs "flexing" product that shouldn't be flex and instocks never being able to scan because of "special projects" and all hands on deck calls.

I'm glad we're not doing ship from store. We have enough problems at my store lol.

If you need help, just ask a sf tm to help you.

Especially in softlines.

Yep even though I do In-Stocks if I see the backroom guys/girls trying to pull a order in soft lines I lend a hand, cause it just helps them out. And store tie stuff if you really flex stuff..

softlines is not a problem. I'm mainly the one who pulls the picks in the past so I got used how to tell what section to go (CR for Circo, CH for Cherokee, etc).

The main problems are things that are in the wrong place, flow team not pushing the product, counts are off, and sometimes it's in the Backroom not located.

I'm glad we're not doing ship from store. We have enough problems at my store lol.

If you need help, just ask a sf tm to help you.

Especially in softlines.

Yep even though I do In-Stocks if I see the backroom guys/girls trying to pull a order in soft lines I lend a hand, cause it just helps them out. And store tie stuff if you really flex stuff..
Thank you! I don't think people even know about the store tie app! I want to smack them with it!

^^ I discovered today that Store tie only works with the ipod devices, at least at my store. And remember you can only tie to end or side caps. We have come up with a solution for when we kill a sad end cap and move items in-line. Home décor is where we ran into this issue, so we made the location 93 is only for stuff that has moved in-line.. So at least they know to look in the isle, not the ends.

What does this exactly mean?? Like you can call another store ( if they have it in stock) and they can ship it over? I am confused......

What does this exactly mean?? Like you can call another store ( if they have it in stock) and they can ship it over? I am confused......

People buy from target.com and instead of shipping from a distribution center it ships from the store.

Our counts are always off so I can see very unsatisfied guests expecting the item to be there when it isn't.

If you don't mind, can you elucidate on the store-to-home process? All I have heard is it's suppose to be done in conjunction with BR/Recv, but I haven't anything about the actual process/metrics/success, etc.

So, how many of you guys have had super ridiculous orders yet? For example the other day someone ordered 32 bottles of clorox bleach. A few months ago someone ordered 99 (yes ninety nine) pink plastic crates, which fit only three per box (33 278 sized) and finally someone ordered twenty boxes of diapers. The diapers were really obnoxious because the collates spit out 4 per box and we didnt have anything to fit that many at the time so I had to split every collate to do two per box. (a total of ten boxes ._. )

What really annoys me is the fact that none of my team or higher ups have been shown how to use the manhattan site properly. We've had to find out this crap ourselves. It doesn't help that theres no way to reprint a collate after the order has been staged without using the computer. We're also doing very poorly on fulfillment # because of how many orders we cancel. This frustrates me to no end because there is literally no way we can avoid this when people are allowed to order stuff when we have 0 on hands (along with counts that are VERY off and entire pallets that are unlocated in the backroom for whatever godawful reason. Example: someone ordered nine boxes of 800 ct. up and up wipes, we had 5 on the floor and none located in the back (or so I thought). We ended up finding a pallet of 4 more unlocated later on in which we relocated and I pulled them and fulfilled the order. The next two orders were also nine boxes of 800 ct. wipes... Yay two more cancelled orders...OR how about one time, I had to return to stock one of those shopkins toys~ It was literally the last one we had in the store. I put it back on the shelf and within 20 minutes, there was a next day order for it. I got back to the aisle and there was a family with their kids with the toy in their hands...I had to literally pray in my head for them to put the damn thing down so I could pick it and they eventually did and decided to go to Toys R Us. That would've been another cancelled order. How are we supposed to avoid that?

So, how many of you guys have had super ridiculous orders yet? For example the other day someone ordered 32 bottles of clorox bleach. A few months ago someone ordered 99 (yes ninety nine) pink plastic crates, which fit only three per box (33 278 sized) and finally someone ordered twenty boxes of diapers. The diapers were really obnoxious because the collates spit out 4 per box and we didnt have anything to fit that many at the time so I had to split every collate to do two per box. (a total of ten boxes ._. )

Thankfully none that ridiculous. I think our biggest has been a couple of those mason jars.

If you don't mind, can you elucidate on the store-to-home process? All I have heard is it's suppose to be done in conjunction with BR/Recv, but I haven't anything about the actual process/metrics/success, etc.

Its basically the same as store pick up except after you locate it you then have to pack everything up. Then ups comes by and picks them up. Our store made up a new team with some backroom people as well as sales floor tm's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back