Archived Anyone just sick of the place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've worked in hardlines for 10 months at target. I am sick of the place. My zones get messed up super quick (Who throws condoms and pregnancy tests everywhere?!) boxes open, getting soap on my hands, etc. Maybe I am being a brat. I am only here for my $15.17 an hour to scape up some more cash before I move abroad for about 2 years and come out of it with 2 masters degrees I can use to have a salary one day.

Anyone else sick of target? Modernization has messed it up and I get alot of anxiety going to work...

For me, Target is job. It pays for me to do what I want with the other 128 left in the week. There are people in all jobs who hate those jobs. Doctors, teachers, garbage collectors, insurance agents, nuclear reactor workers, etc.

I will say, the last few months have been stressful because I've had to be creative and diligent about getting my 40. Other than that, it's just money. I'm not changing the world.

I only show up to pay rent and take some pride in the fact I'm helping my fellow TMs. I still value the teamwork aspect, despite Spot doing everything they can to have everyone "stay in their lane".

This last year has been stressful but the second I clockout, I'm done. I don't take my job home with me (besides for ammo to complain on this message board 🤣)

I have never hated the job in Target. I got the opportunities to try all the positions during my 1 year and a half everything is a piece of cake to me. Even with the implementation of modernization some ppl Targets will crash and burn while others like mines super high volume can make it work due to high guest traffic = more payroll to much tbh especially in front we have it covered all lights open at checklanes every fken day. That means no need for guest calls = truck gets done completely and SETLs can even do their salesplans at the front during downtime.
Crosstrained af everywhere at Spot and decided to be Fulfillment Expert forever why? Its the most challenging position in the entire store process. I'm sure outta the 'store' theres more challenging shyts I haven't tried yet.

I've been here many years and dont hate it. I do my job as well as I can, go home and dont think about it anymore til I go back in (unless I'm hanging out on here). It pays my bills fairly well so far. Things always change, but it evens out in the end. Some get worse, some get better. Do what the boss wants and don't stress about the rest.

I’m getting sick of the job too you have no idea it’s an easy job but some Etls just have no common sense! Iv never had any issues my 10 years at target till I find a career path or job to switch out of it but my etl is giving everyone a hard time about finishing work load tasks every day like the line needs to be cleared and set up end caps and price change all in one day or else we get fired apparently or maybe it’s just a fake threat who knows.

I guess I’m just frustrated iv never said anything about my job the past 10 years but now because of remodel and all the stuff going on it’s getting the best of me.

I guess I’m just frustrated iv never said anything about my job the past 10 years but now because of remodel and all the stuff going on it’s getting the best of me.

Just ignore. The TLs and ETLs are getting pushed by the SDs and they just spread the stress and pressure. As long as you keep working at a decent pace there's really only so much you can do.

Not sick of the job. I love the job. The problem is the job is changing.
Scheduled hours are leaving no room for work/life balance. 11-7:30 ! My husband will divorce me if I stay cause he never sees me now. We have supper together one night a week. The increased responsibilities for TL are too much. The stress involved to meet metrics and run the entire store should be exec level pay compensated. 17.00/hour is not enough more than a tm . Considering stepping down/leaving because this is no longer the job I applied for.

Not sick of the job. I love the job. The problem is the job is changing.
Scheduled hours are leaving no room for work/life balance. 11-7:30 ! My husband will divorce me if I stay cause he never sees me now. We have supper together one night a week. The increased responsibilities for TL are too much. The stress involved to meet metrics and run the entire store should be exec level pay compensated. 17.00/hour is not enough more than a tm . Considering stepping down/leaving because this is no longer the job I applied for.
I’m so glad I stepped down. had to change the way I spend money and stuff but enjoy not having to deal with the crap I see going on now. Your life over this place is more important.

I understand it is to cut costs, and it makes sense, but not doing trucks overnight is going to hurt the company. When a company starts to run itself on repacks, cuts out overnight stocking, and adds more duties to people who work four hours a day, you can tell it is headed in the wrong direction. It will ultimately end up like a drug store, where the manager does receiving, all the stocking, most of the cashiering, and occasionally works the drive thru window for pharmacy pick ups.

As much crap as we give the company sometimes, it’s not that bad for the money. I got hired right out of high school, with no resume at all. Hours have been good overall, and it’s a good way to make a decent amount of money in college.

Hang in...it is all going to change...they have empowered team members ...just got to get rid of dead wood...ie...management...lol...wait 4 it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back