Archived Anything Goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any other target gotten the anything goes, make sure the guest leaves happy memo from their STL?

The last two weeks we have been told that we are to do whatever it takes to make sure that the guest leaves happy. Whether it's fake coupons or expired coupons. Matching the prices of other targets, even their clearance prices, etc?

I just don't understand the thought process of doing this right before fourth quarter. I just feel like my target is going downhill every day.

How much longer until they'll order employees to sexually service customers IF they request it? Only in a FFF way, of course.

(Only half kidding)

Target, now featuring in store strip club!

Free lap dance when you open a red card!!

Bending policy and vibing/be bold are highly discretionary. Our STL questioned why we limited some people that were trying to buy 40+ 12 packs of soda. For one, they were resale, and second, they were tax exempt. Since we can't print rain checks for that stuff, we limit it, as we are supposed to.

I will say that I bend the rules for deserving guests. Had one that called and spoke to a SFTM who told her we had something in stock. She had her neighbor drive her over, as she was in her 80's and confined to a wheelchair. We didn't have it in stock, and the closest store that had it was over 30 miles away. I vibed a gift card for the price difference between said item and another one that was available to buy online so she could get the same price. I genuinely felt bad for her. The gift card was for over $50. I had a SDTM watch me hand her the card, and then I did a reprint and went right to ETL-AP so they didn't think I was doing something sketchy. She later left an amazing guest survey comment for me, so I'm happy she was happy.

Has any other target gotten the anything goes, make sure the guest leaves happy memo from their STL?

The last two weeks we have been told that we are to do whatever it takes to make sure that the guest leaves happy. Whether it's fake coupons or expired coupons. Matching the prices of other targets, even their clearance prices, etc?

I just don't understand the thought process of doing this right before fourth quarter. I just feel like my target is going downhill every day.

How much longer until they'll order employees to sexually service customers IF they request it? Only in a FFF way, of course.

(Only half kidding)

Target, now featuring in store strip club!

Free lap dance when you open a red card!!

Sign me up! Lol :)

Bending policy and vibing/be bold are highly discretionary. Our STL questioned why we limited some people that were trying to buy 40+ 12 packs of soda. For one, they were resale, and second, they were tax exempt. Since we can't print rain checks for that stuff, we limit it, as we are supposed to.

I will say that I bend the rules for deserving guests. Had one that called and spoke to a SFTM who told her we had something in stock. She had her neighbor drive her over, as she was in her 80's and confined to a wheelchair. We didn't have it in stock, and the closest store that had it was over 30 miles away. I vibed a gift card for the price difference between said item and another one that was available to buy online so she could get the same price. I genuinely felt bad for her. The gift card was for over $50. I had a SDTM watch me hand her the card, and then I did a reprint and went right to ETL-AP so they didn't think I was doing something sketchy. She later left an amazing guest survey comment for me, so I'm happy she was happy.

Yes! When we started with the be bold, we were giving the house away on the 12 packs. Then the Pepsi vendor pointed out the reason we were selling so much is that because the major grocery store down the street was sending their employees in under cover to buy it off of us by the pallet. Our STL and the manager of that store had words several times that week, but they finally stopped. But we now limit the 4 for $10 to 8 per party. And if you so much as even speak to each other in the store, even if you go through separate lanes, we will shut you down and send you on your way.

Not gonna lie, sometimes since I know Target has all these stupid policies, I want to go to another one in area and be "that guest"

I mean, I want to buy a quilt an that's $30 and I can get get for $10 by saying it's was on a clearence shelf, then why not. If Target wants to have stupid policies where you can get things for less, then I have to be stupid to not take advantage of it.

Oh god, I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreams of this. Also I think about anonymously informing all the crazy coupon blogs that hey, Target will basically do whatever you want if you whine hard enough! But I know how much it'd suck for those team members who gotta put up with it..it's not our fault corperate's full of idiots

Had a crazy couponer today; she had made little stacks of each one she was using for the max.
Unfortunately, she set them on the belt & when I began scanning items........oops!
Yeh, I probably should've warned her that might happen.......:rolleyes:

GTC to red!

Yes be bold my store still does it minus the fake coupons. Bend over backwards for the guest basically....... However I notice guests are taking advantage of the being bold and my store really doesn't care which is really pathetic. Sure we will take that back who cares....... Be bold! I blame the store it is in shambles but to be honest I know other stores in the district are in shambles also so it has to be the DTL. blame the DTL. Get rid of her and everything will be a-okay.

Last edited:
This pretty much sounds like Be Bold 2.0
The problem is they're not being consistent and the people who need to not nit pick every return are still not getting the message.

That's really what this is about.
Making the flow through friendly and reasonable.
Not making it possible for people to rip off the stores.

Infraction
So how long before all the Femi-Nazi's start chiming in about this subject? Don't worry ladies there will be some 300lb 60 year old men cashiers willing to be equal opportunist .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back