SCO POS 2.0 - Can you do anything?!

starmaster1000

Master NCR Torture Device Operator
So our store got "New POS" or "POS 2.0" or whatever it's called on the self checkout machines.

Can you, as a Team Member,... do anything?!

You throw it in "Store Mode" and your options range from:
- change a price/price adjustment
- suspend the transaction
- void an item
- void the transaction entirely
- reprint last receipt (okay this one is pretty nice and a longtime coming)

That's all.

Oh, Team Member discount? Nah.

Manual coupon? Nah.

Remove TM discount due to wrong payment option? Lol you thought!!

Go back to the sales screen after Guest selected a payment method already and attempted to pay with it? LOLOLOLOLOL NOPE!

How can we do our Guest Obsessed Guest Advocate Guest First job if I can't even coupon out $0.01 from the transaction as a whole.

Who made this thing??!!

FOR REAL THOUGH FUUUUUCK. They sent us a list of known problems with work arounds. Is that a fucking joke? DON'T ROLL IT OUT UNTIL IT'S READY TO FUCKING WORK YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING DIPSHITS. I don't even care if the people who are responsible for this are on the forum and reading this right now. YOU ARE MAKING THE STORES' JOBS HARDER AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO GIVE A SHIT. I have all the patience in the world for a lot of things, but this is pissing me off more and more every day. FIX YOUR SHIT.

• Paper Coupon- Select an individual item, click the pencil, key $ amount off and select paper coupon as the "reason"
  • For TM discounts, if they only have ONE item, I will just change the price down by 10%
  • I THINK we can now remove cartwheel after it has been scanned by clicking the "x" above the cartwheel icon under discounts and coupons
  • Suspend slips can ONLY be retrieved on other self checkouts or on a mycheckout device
  • Missed salvage items will no longer stop the guest and cause a red light until the guest presses pay- AFTER the item is buried under everything else and the guest has no idea where the item is
  • If a payment does not go through/wrong pin/asshole guest presses cancel instead of no to cashback, the guest will get a popup box, but a team member will not have to come over to log in and clear it out
  • Deals like buy 5 for 20 where it will take a dollar off each item will no longer show (even in store mode) instead it will mention the deal and show the adjusted price, and not show how it got to the price
  • Shipt, WIC (which never worked at SCO), and EBT won't work
  • Registries won't scan/work at all
  • Still haven't figured out the new way gift receipts work
  • Can't split card payments
  • We can scan cartwheel (without payment, haven't tried with payment) twice
  • I'm sure that there's more, but man I hate when target fixes something broken with something equally broken, but in different ways

• Paper Coupon- Select an individual item, click the pencil, key $ amount off and select paper coupon as the "reason"
  • For TM discounts, if they only have ONE item, I will just change the price down by 10%
  • I THINK we can now remove cartwheel after it has been scanned by clicking the "x" above the cartwheel icon under discounts and coupons
  • Suspend slips can ONLY be retrieved on other self checkouts or on a mycheckout device
  • Missed salvage items will no longer stop the guest and cause a red light until the guest presses pay- AFTER the item is buried under everything else and the guest has no idea where the item is
  • If a payment does not go through/wrong pin/asshole guest presses cancel instead of no to cashback, the guest will get a popup box, but a team member will not have to come over to log in and clear it out
  • Deals like buy 5 for 20 where it will take a dollar off each item will no longer show (even in store mode) instead it will mention the deal and show the adjusted price, and not show how it got to the price
  • I'm sure that there's more, but man I hate when target fixes something broken with something equally broken, but in different ways

Wow, this pretty much confirms that it would be an error in judgement to come back as a seasonal (again).

All these workarounds are not exactly "frictionless experience."

I often have TMs who scan Wallet which has the TM discount tied and they end up paying with a non-approved payment method and I could easily remove that line item.

Yesterday when RC went down, after the payment was declined, I couldn't go back into the Sales screen to pick an item over which to discount the 5%. Or hell even to remove an item. Let's say a Guest only has $50 in their bank and the total is $51.67. Remove that $4 pot holder? Nope. Suspend the transaction and hope it picks it back up.

Suspending to only pick up on another SCO is pointless. ☹️

And I often have either missed (read: Karen cannot read the terms or what qualifies for the free gift card offers and am forced by "Guest Obsessed" policy to "Make it Right for the Guest") or guest recovery $5/$10 GCs and I can't now add and coupon it out (won't let me adjust the price of the gift card other than its actual value).

It's a sad, sad P.O.S. POS update.

FOR REAL THOUGH FUUUUUCK. They sent us a list of known problems with work arounds. Is that a fucking joke? DON'T ROLL IT OUT UNTIL IT'S READY TO FUCKING WORK YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING DIPSHITS. I don't even care if the people who are responsible for this are on the forum and reading this right now. YOU ARE MAKING THE STORES' JOBS HARDER AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO GIVE A SHIT. I have all the patience in the world for a lot of things, but this is pissing me off more and more every day. FIX YOUR SHIT.

THIS. ALL OF IT. I hate this new system with the intensity of 10,000 desert suns. Where is this list you speak of? We have a mighty need.

I only pieced together the other day that that's why we're having issues when guests come to GS from SCO having forgotten to scan Cartwheel. It would come up with a weird "transaction not found" error. I wasn't even thinking about it being because it was the new software that you can't do shit on. Is there no way to do Fix a Mistake -> Wrong Payment if people forget Cartwheel?

I only pieced together the other day that that's why we're having issues when guests come to GS from SCO having forgotten to scan Cartwheel. It would come up with a weird "transaction not found" error. I wasn't even thinking about it being because it was the new software that you can't do shit on. Is there no way to do Fix a Mistake -> Wrong Payment if people forget Cartwheel?
As close as you can get is Wrong Payment. They can use the same card again but it does look like a double charge until the first charge drops off.
WP will retain the items only but not any Wallet history. Excellent when it's an annoying amount of items with different offers.

Do Wrong Payment then scan the Wallet and it'll apply any offers, coupons, gift cards, RedCard, etc. active on the Wallet.

Hell, it seems like they shifted from “making it pretty” to reinventing the whole SCO system. Our grocery side has been down bc the damn things were re-booting...sometimes in the middle of a guest’s transactions. Plus we have all the other problems posted previously.

Back