Archived Anything Goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any other target gotten the anything goes, make sure the guest leaves happy memo from their STL?

The last two weeks we have been told that we are to do whatever it takes to make sure that the guest leaves happy. Whether it's fake coupons or expired coupons. Matching the prices of other targets, even their clearance prices, etc?

I just don't understand the thought process of doing this right before fourth quarter. I just feel like my target is going downhill every day.

If my STL ever told me to take fake coupons I'd call her an idiot to her face. I would probably get fired after, but so be it, I'd rather find another job than have a boss that dumb.

Blu, I feel the same way about the store I'm at. I feel the end is near. My store is a joke.

We got that training last week. We were told that we were to accept anything, obviously not bad checks or bad credit cards, but if they give us a couple of coupons and some of them are repeats or fake, we were to accept them with a smile. No questions asked. We were to change any price that's within a $20 price change now. So if an item is $49 and the guest says they saw it as $29 we're suppose to change it.

Honestly I think its a dumb idea, but if thats what they want then..... whatever.

This doesn't sound new, it's stuff we were told to do over a year ago to a large degree.

I refuse to take fake coupons though, not happening.

If the guest tells me the $49 item is $29 I'm checking, if they say it's $45, then sure I'll just change it, but not knocking 40% off the price of an item for guests who know the policy and just make shit up.

I wouldn't be a good cashier. If I had to follow Target's policies I would just ask guests what they wanted to pay and I'd do my best to make it happen. I know I've been eyeing up the wooden bean-bag toss (cornhole) set for a while hoping it would drop. I'll walk up to the register with it and say" I'll take it for $35." This shouldn't be allowed.

Did they actually say to take fake coupons? I wouldn't be surprised if people are exaggerating "be bold" a bit. At my store I understood it quite a bit differently, aka:

Don't stress yourself out on being a coupon enforcer Nazi. -- Like I know so many Cashiers are accustomed to. In other words, if they have a legit coupon and its for $0.35 and they are buying $100+ groceries, don't sit there and nitpick, just push them through.

Also accepting expired coupons is a negligible loss for Target. Its not going to cause the world to end. If the store says its OK, just do it. The Target Coupons it doesn't even matter, since Target eats the loss on those either way, and the Manufac coupons we can still get reimbursed for if its still close enough to the expiration date.

If they're using nothing but fake coupons (or even legit in some cases), and they're turning a $50 total into $5 (tax), that is where you put the foot down, and ensure proper use.

Not gonna lie, sometimes since I know Target has all these stupid policies, I want to go to another one in area and be "that guest"

I mean, I want to buy a quilt an that's $30 and I can get get for $10 by saying it's was on a clearence shelf, then why not. If Target wants to have stupid policies where you can get things for less, then I have to be stupid to not take advantage of it.

Not gonna lie, sometimes since I know Target has all these stupid policies, I want to go to another one in area and be "that guest"

I mean, I want to buy a quilt an that's $30 and I can get get for $10 by saying it's was on a clearence shelf, then why not. If Target wants to have stupid policies where you can get things for less, then I have to be stupid to not take advantage of it.

Honestly, I think the number of times it gets taken advantage of is pretty low, compared to the number of times people are honest about it. I would always get called over to the Cashier Nazi's lane and they'd be saying "WE NEED A PRICE CHECK, THERES NOOOOO WAY THAT SIGN WAS LEFT UP!!!" and I'd walk over there and sure enough an old sign was left up. Yup, way to call the guest a liar.

Honestly I've seen stuff mispriced and improperly signed so much, it doesn't surprise me how often there are discrepancies up front.

I wish I was able to coach cashiers for not using Cashier Empowerment properly..... God.

Has any other target gotten the anything goes, make sure the guest leaves happy memo from their STL?

The last two weeks we have been told that we are to do whatever it takes to make sure that the guest leaves happy. Whether it's fake coupons or expired coupons. Matching the prices of other targets, even their clearance prices, etc?
I just don't understand the thought process of doing this right before fourth quarter. I just feel like my target is going downhill every day.
I had a guest buy 4 2o dollar item and then present 4 20 dollar off coupons which were cut EXACTLY alike and obvious fakes. The nearest person who could help was An ETL, she said to accept them if they scan. I guess theft is all right at Target now. Maybe I should tell a guest they do not have to pay for their full cart of Clothes, Electronics and Grocery

My store has been this way since the breach. We do limit some things, like fake coupons, but we will take recently expired and competitor coupons. We do abide by the price matching policies (no other stores or clearance), but we do price match other places than are just listed (newegg.com and such). We use the GSTL override code for almost every transaction, as long as the guest isn't a complete ass. Service desk usually has the code so they don't have to call GSTL/GSA over for every other return/exchange.

We have been seeing a ton more fraud at our store, but whatever. We do limit some people doing coupon fraud returns. We say the card isn't showing the lookup, so we go into iPOS to find the transaction, then deny the return because they're returning all HBA items that they got for 90% off.

We are told that if it scans we should take it, even if it looks legitimately fake. We have actually been probably the last store in our area that followed the rules we were supposed to but we just got a new STL and he is all about the Be Bold campaign.

I still follow the rules for the most part on principal alone. I think our AP ETL is probably the most upset about this change but what can she do about it? Like you guys say its whatever. I found another job so I only work part time now. So if they want to give the store away, I can't bring myself to care too too much anymore.

Ridiculous. I still read the fine print on all coupons and generally will not bend policy. The only exceptions I make are if it's expired but the register still takes it, or if it's expired but the coupon was stuck to the product. I'll always take those. I've been a little more lenient on price challenges, but that's largely because there's just no one on the floor to check anything and I don't want to make the guest wait that long. My store also will not mess with those HBA returns with a gift receipt; I tell them we need the original receipt and they usually just leave.

Generally my store tries to stick to the rules.

How much longer until they'll order employees to sexually service customers IF they request it? Only in a FFF way, of course.

(Only half kidding)

"Anything?" That's pretty vague.

How much longer until they'll order employees to sexually service customers IF they request it? Only in a FFF way, of course. Just because it would make them "happy."

(Only half kidding)

How much longer until they'll order employees to sexually service customers IF they request it? Only in a FFF way, of course.

(Only half kidding)

When they sever ties with Steritech.

(Only half kidding)

When they sever ties with Steritech.

:D

(Only half kidding)

Target, now featuring in store strip club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back