Archived AP, what should team members not call you about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most team members in my store are pretty good about calling stuff out, its jusrjust getting called about old empty packages that annoys me because I can't do anything with them until they are processed any ways.
There are some people that need to learn to stay off the walkie during a Code Yellow, however. Tuesday we had a legit CY, and people were still talking about small stuff while the description was going out. Luckily I had an instant made huddle topic.

We had a code yellow one time a few weeks back and the GSTL's were still barking for backup.

If I was still a TPS, don't call me if.....
-There is a dog in the store and its not biting somebody, tell an LOD to take care of it.
- Empty Packages under $50, as long as you log them in and put in empty package bin. (exception is if they are in the backroom or in the electronics cage / lockup) (ask I will show you how to log them)
- To fix something that's broken, I am not a SFT
- To push F'king carts........
- To put spider wire on an item on a pull you just pushed out.....NO, but I will chew you out if I find out you put the item out with no spider wire. (ask and I will show you how to)
- You see kids/teens messing around in X department. Are they stealing? No. Then I don't care, call a TL or LOD or tell them to gtfo of the store yourself.
- Electric carts......just dont call me at all, call an TL or LOD.

-Receipt look ups are in its own category, its pretty well established that generally AP will help GSTL's with receipt look ups, although they have access to 1 of the 2 programs we use to do it. If its not a busy day at the front end, I expect you to attempt it yourselves first before asking for help. Even if you fail at finding it every time, it shows that you at least tried to save us time, if your a GSA or GSTL, ask us if you want training on InsidePOS, I would rather do that then look up receipts for 2 or more hours a day.

Depending on your store though, we had cordless phones that we carried, I would be much more accepting of a phone calls for issues (even if they were one of the above) then a call on the walkie. I am not sure why. I think mostly about privacy. That reminds me, if somebody calls AP on the walkie, don't follow them to that channel. We don't want a subject to overhear a conversation about them. It was worthy of write up at our store if caught following AP on the walkie.

Now some of this is probably a little more harsh then most stores but my ETL-AP and APS at the store I worked at were old-school AP both +20 years in position each, Meaning from the era of it didn't have to do with shortage then we didn't care. Guests can shove it, and other ETL's had no say over what an AP TM did or didn't do. That is why I left Target when my ETL retired, I would not last with the new breed of ETL-AP after being trained "classically".

Depending on your store though, we had cordless phones that we carried, I would be much more accepting of a phone calls for issues (even if they were one of the above) then a call on the walkie. I am not sure why. I think mostly about privacy. That reminds me, if somebody calls AP on the walkie, don't follow them to that channel. We don't want a subject to overhear a conversation about them. It was worthy of write up at our store if caught following AP on the walkie.
I wish my store had a phone we carried around. The store I trained at did, and since I'm normally the only AP on, unless my ETL is on, I'm rarely in the office, especially with the #$%#ing new assignment cards that we have, I can't answer the phone in a timely manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back