Appearance Dress Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my question has been answered.

"Other than red shirt/khaki pants/closed shoes," anything goes.

Maybe I'll wear bright red lipstick when I go in today. That should really promote guest vibe! :)

Well, Red is a good choice for a TM at Target! Or Khaki if they make that color of lipstick!

My first store was nothing but a cesspool of unruly college kids. Facial piercings (myself included), wild hair, etc. There is no way they could have gotten away with a no tattoo / piercing policy they wouldn't have anyone working for them. I was pretty pissed once when they called me out for wearing a beanie. Like I have a fucking nose ring and a Harry Potter tattoo and you're seriously going to get on me about a damn beanie!?
tumblr_nrn6hwkMso1qfyjoto1_500.gif

To say the least our dress policy was pretty lenient.

Weird, beanies weren't okay? In my store, hats are okay. They're just rare because it's so damn hot.

I'm a big advocate for black pants, which are allowed in my state.

My store's dress code is very lax, your top doesn't need to be red, it could be orange or purple and it's ok. Some TMs wear shirts with comics or cartoons on it and it's ok since the shirt is 80% red.

Weird, beanies weren't okay? In my store, hats are okay. They're just rare because it's so damn hot.

I'm a big advocate for black pants, which are allowed in my state.
Our ETL-HR was a dick. He hated me and hated his life so of course he told me something about my damn beanie, but I kept wearing it anyways just to piss him off. No one else cared but him.

So, my question has been answered.

"Other than red shirt/khaki pants/closed shoes," anything goes.

Maybe I'll wear bright red lipstick when I go in today. That should really promote guest vibe! :)

So what are you implying here? That male TMs who wear nail polish or something else you don't want them to wear can't provide great guest service? Ultimately that is what it's about. The only people who would be offended by someone's tattoos or a male employee's green nail polish are old grandma tightwads with nothing better to bitch about. I am all for people expressing themselves and I think workplaces who have policies against tattoos or hair color or nail polish need to get with the times.

During my GSA days, a couple of women had just checked out & accosted me on their way out.
They were complaining about one of my cashiers.
Was she rude? Less than helpful? Not FFF? No.
She was sporting ear gauges, an eyebrow piercing & a nose ring.
The women asked if Target had a dress code.
I responded "Of course."
And?
"Red and Khaki!"

My store is pretty relaxed when it comes to the dress code red shirt and khaki pants your fine. Most of the team member wear red shirts with logos on it and nobody says anything. Some of the Softlines ladies have funky host colors which I say go for it doesn't change how they work. When I first started out Etl GE would only war short sleeve red button ups or polos he had tattoos on both his arms Along with a nose ring and gauges in his ears once again no one ever said anything because his appearance didn't interfere with his work ethic.

My store is pretty relaxed when it comes to the dress code red shirt and khaki pants your fine. Most of the team member wear red shirts with logos on it and nobody says anything. Some of the Softlines ladies have funky host colors which I say go for it doesn't change how they work. When I first started out Etl GE would only war short sleeve red button ups or polos he had tattoos on both his arms Along with a nose ring and gauges in his ears once again no one ever said anything because his appearance didn't interfere with his work ethic.
That's pretty cool that the ETL was modded. I know some of my ETLs have tattoos, but not really in plain view. ETL AP has one that peeks out from his polo sleeve. I've unintentionally caught a glimpse of my ETL HL lower back tattoo. But none have facial piercings beyond nostril studs.

My first store was nothing but a cesspool of unruly college kids. Facial piercings (myself included), wild hair, etc. There is no way they could have gotten away with a no tattoo / piercing policy they wouldn't have anyone working for them. I was pretty pissed once when they called me out for wearing a beanie. Like I have a fucking nose ring and a Harry Potter tattoo and you're seriously going to get on me about a damn beanie!?
tumblr_nrn6hwkMso1qfyjoto1_500.gif

To say the least our dress policy was pretty lenient.
I love that movie and I love her outfits-

During my GSA days, a couple of women had just checked out & accosted me on their way out.
They were complaining about one of my cashiers.
Was she rude? Less than helpful? Not FFF? No.
She was sporting ear gauges, an eyebrow piercing & a nose ring.
The women asked if Target had a dress code.
I responded "Of course."
And?
"Red and Khaki!"
Thats one of the many things I love about you Redeye- you always keep things in their proper perspective

Men can express themselves however they want.
Of course they can, no matter how stupid they appear!

FTR, all the other TM's are LOLing @ his silly shit.

This guy is overweight, middle aged, circular bald spot on the top of his head, with bad teeth.

But those pretty blue press-on nails really help him out!

Yea, you're right... it's not silly at all!

I'd tell him.

It looks stupid.
drinkbeer.gif

What's he gonna do? Hit me?

That would be stupid, too.

I don't care who is wearing what, you don't need to like it, but if it doesn't interfere with your life or work performance, why should we give a shit? As long as I don't have to pick up his slack, he can wear all the nail polish he wants (just not in a food work center of course) :p

Low hours, terrible pay, non existent benefits, it is pretty hard to have strict grooming standards when that is all you have to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back