Archived Apple's Store-Within-A-Store coming to Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh god, I wonder what the limitations are. Are we still allowed to sell the products when the consultants aren't there? Apple is super strict about branding, and if they're already having their own people selling the product (albeit with a hell of a lot better training) why would they let a minimum wage slave sell it?

Anybody know if their store is one of the "TEST" stores to get this Apple stuff?
Would love to see how they would cram yet one more thing into these stores....

I wonder if they are the same stores that have the free Wi-Fi.
I saw that there is going to be a test market for that too.

I was digging around on workbench and saw a couple of photos of how the test stores look a week ago. I was messing with my AP, and told him good luck protecting this because everything was in the open. I will try to find it again and post when I get back to work on Tues

I was digging around on workbench and saw a couple of photos of how the test stores look a week ago. I was messing with my AP, and told him good luck protecting this because everything was in the open. I will try to find it again and post when I get back to work on Tues
]

I saw that too the other day but couldn't find it or any sort of list of stores they are going to test them in. I figure it'll be like Best Buy where TM can still sell and handle the products, but also like Best Buy it'll have an individual Apple expert that works 32-40hrs a week.

Target already sells Apple products. This shouldn't be that big of a deal for the stores.

The ETLs at my store informed us a few days ago that our store will be getting one of these Apple "mini-stores", there are also 2 other stores in our district that will be getting these stores as well.

The ETLs at my store informed us a few days ago that our store will be getting one of these Apple "mini-stores", there are also 2 other stores in our district that will be getting these stores as well.

Oh, you Californians...

so is there extra space allocated for apple products other than the 2 aisles in the reset next week? where would they set up?

My etl-hr was the 3rd etl to tell me. Try the spot app on your smartphone & you'll see all the ways you search for stuff. You use the barcode scanner, your voice & typing it in.

if this could include even just a read-only copy of the results page in the MyHome app that would be so convenient. to be able to get locations when there is zero equipment because your store eats PDAs and destroys the hand scanners.....

I've seen mockups on the SFT Field Projects page. It looks nice with black carpeting installed in two aisles to tie it all together. I can see this working in some markets, but not really company wide as not all markets could support so many stores with it installed.

I've seen mockups on the SFT Field Projects page. It looks nice with black carpeting installed in two aisles to tie it all together. I can see this working in some markets, but not really company wide as not all markets could support so many stores with it installed.

forgive my stupidity, but is this in addition to the 2 new aisles in the electronics transition? is every store getting the apple valley? im misunderstanding.

forgive my stupidity, but is this in addition to the 2 new aisles in the electronics transition? is every store getting the apple valley? im misunderstanding.

Every store is getting an expanded Apple section. Most will be the "valley". There will be a limited number of test stores who will also have additional features like carpeting, live display models, dedicated TMs and such.

A valley would be nice. I'd love to have it all in the same valley. I imagine it would make selling the stuff easier, it would probably drive AAR, and it would certainly make for a nice, branded presentation. Sadly, though, we'll have our two Apple runs on opposite sides of a gondola instead.

Yeah dek, it's an additional thing that a group of 10-15 test stores are getting. Like a little Apple Boutique or something, in addition to the 48' valley that all stores are getting as part of the transition.

Our TL in charge of store training keeps talking about special apple training and quiz. It's to my understanding that the training is only for the special "Apple Store" stores, because there was a message board communication stating that "pilot stores" would be uitilizing this training. I keep trying to tell her this, but she won't listen and thinks we are suppsosed to be doing it too. My TL keeps trying to look for it in workbench but can't find it, so he will probably set it straight.

As far as the special stores go though, my store is NOT one of them, nor are the other two in the county, which makes me scratch my head. Our county does not have a Apple store anywhere! You either have to go to the county north of us or the county south of us. The crazy thing is that the Target that IS getting the Apple store in it, which is in the county north of us, already HAS a REAL Apple store near it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back