Archived Applying for ETL, what are my chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I know going into this the stress people face as an ETL, but I think have the guts to face it head on. Just applied to be an ETL.

I quit spot two years ago because my college courseload was too much.

I am now graduating with a bachelors in communication studies.

I was cross trained in almost every area as a TM, then became a TL of plano then a Sr. TL of plano.

I think I have pretty good chances, but just wanna know how the application process has been for others. It's been a while, missed this dang forum!!

Soon all ETLs will be gone by 2020 to pay for the 15 per hour.

Soon all ETLs will be gone by 2020 to pay for the 15 per hour.
I thought that too. Tm expected to do TL work, TL expected to do Exec work, store director overseeing all. Doesn’t leave a position for an ETL.
Plus I doubt salary is an economical as hourly. Hourly employee tasks can be be controlled and scheduled. A salaried employee can really take advantage of not giving enough.

(No one can tell you your chances without knowing your true knowledge and history with Target)

All kinds of spot on, I know you are anxious but a lot depends on you, how you sell yourself, their opinions of you. I don't know if its the same store or district but a good reputation goes a long way.

@PPTL95 Hey welcome home!
I'm new to the Team, myself. But it's good to have you come back! I want to wish you good luck on your interview. We could always use good new ETLs!

Please let us know how it goes!

A lot has changed in two years so your assets/experience may not carry as much weight since many roles have been phased out.
Still, experience in Target culture & enthusiasm during your interview may carry you farther.

A lot of stores are gaining an ETL with the new op model so that’s definitely not the case.
And a lot of stores are going down to one ETL SF instead of 2. HR is going Sr. TL (a position that likely is sticking around, I don’t care how many times they say “it’s being phased out.”) and not all stores have ETL-AP.

ETLs aren't going away, and if they are going away, it’ll be for ULV GM stores. Stores doing $35M+ are gaining ETL-GE, only after most got shoved back in to ETL-SF. They can’t run a 35K SF store the same they run a 110K SF store, which is exactly what store mod is all about if you ask me. Some of it works, but most of it doesn’t.

Just my two cents.

And a lot of stores are going down to one ETL SF instead of 2. HR is going Sr. TL (a position that likely is sticking around, I don’t care how many times they say “it’s being phased out.”) and not all stores have ETL-AP.

ETLs aren't going away, and if they are going away, it’ll be for ULV GM stores. Stores doing $35M+ are gaining ETL-GE, only after most got shoved back in to ETL-SF. They can’t run a 35K SF store the same they run a 110K SF store, which is exactly what store mod is all about if you ask me. Some of it works, but most of it doesn’t.

Just my two cents.
The cut off is 30M and if you’re below that you only get one etl.... kinda dramatic if you ask me. We have a lot of store in my district that just hit 30 million last year so we’re gaining 5 etls in our district but one store is at 28million so they’re losing one. 2 million and a 3 ETL difference. Also the next threshold needs to be around 50 not 75. You cant run a 30 million dollar store and a 60 million dollar store with the same amount of etls

Last edited:
The cut off is 30M and if you’re below that you only get one etl.... kinda dramatic if you ask me. We have a lot of store in my district that just hit 30 million last year so we’re gaining 5 etls in our district but one store is at 28million so they’re losing one. 2 million and a 3 ETL difference. Also the next threshold needs to be around 50 not 75. You can run a 30 million dollar store and a 60 million dollar store with the same amount of etls
The amount of etl and key holders that come out of the modernization launch will be interesting. Some stores have been floating extras that I'm not sure anyone can keep. Or need. I'm also looking forward to whether they shuffle people around or leave them where they are to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back