Archived APS here, just found out my position is being eliminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found out from my STL today that my position is being eliminated at my store. Also found out another store in my district is losing their ETL-AP and TPS and is becoming an APTL only store. Anyone else hear of any cuts to AP being rolled out?

The store losing an ETL-AP and TPS in exchange for a single APTL could just be due to moving down a spot on the org chart.

That's true. They were already a 2. My store is currently a 3.
Do you mean AP org chart or store org chart?

Store org chart (sales volume) is one of the factors in determining AP org chart, along with shortage results.

My district is already 80% APTL stores and the others are too massive to cut but i'm not surprised others are doing the same. APS doesn't seem like a value added position in all honesty, and that's coming from AP.

I just find it sad.. that most Wal-Mart stores have more security staff & hours than us, even with comparable or equivalent shrink levels.

My district is already 80% APTL stores and the others are too massive to cut but i'm not surprised others are doing the same. APS doesn't seem like a value added position in all honesty, and that's coming from AP.
Some people actually have to be caught and charged in order to get the hint not to come back. Uniformed security and preventions will only go so far.

Taking away SR TPS and limiting who can apprehend doesn't help things.

Anyone have any idea of how long my health insurance lasts? I know with some companies it ends they day you are let go, with others it continues until the end of the last month you worked, which for me will be March. My ETL-HR didn't know the answer.

Some people actually have to be caught and charged in order to get the hint not to come back. Uniformed security and preventions will only go so far.

Taking away SR TPS and limiting who can apprehend doesn't help things.
I'm sure they'll eventually rid of APS and instead have APTLs in stores without an ETL-AP, maybe expand TPS role to be able to apprehend. They're doing a lot to limit AP roles yet always expect your numbers to be up.

Anyone have any idea of how long my health insurance lasts? I know with some companies it ends they day you are let go, with others it continues until the end of the last month you worked, which for me will be March. My ETL-HR didn't know the answer.

If your ETL-HR didn't know the answer to that, she is the one who should be terminated. That is one of the most basic things you address when you are eliminating a position.

You will be offered Cobra insurance.

It ends on your term date.

The store losing an ETL-AP and TPS in exchange for a single APTL could just be due to moving down a spot on the org chart.

Yes there were no changes this year to AP headcounts (at least not yet). Any changes your store experienced during this time period would be because of missing the actual org chart cut off and downgrading, but this is based on the fact you missed sales.

Your health insurance ends on your termination date. Within a couple weeks, you'll be offered COBRA which can be retroactive to your term date if you choose the COBRA option. It's expensive, but I found it's not as expensive as purchasing decent insurance from the Obamacare options. When I was employed by Target, my monthly insurance premium for my family was $579. With COBRA, it jumped to $1085. The new policy year (4/1/16) will increase to $1185. Your COBRA insurance is good for 18 months from date of termination. If you get a new job with insurance coverage, you can cancel COBRA and accept your new job's insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back