Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest Attendant

Former Target Team Member
Seems they are going retro here

target_archer_main1.jpg

http://www.tomorrowpartners.com/branding_target_archer.php

http://popsop.com/4175

though the article says its from 2008, so what exactly happend?

I am not a fan. It makes the AF brand look like MP. But they are probably keep the price point the same.

Then again its probably Corps idea to make guests confuse the two and buy the AF brand.

The pages just show one particular design agency's concept art that they pitched to Target back in 2008 when Target was looking to redesign the Archer Farms stuff. Obviously, that's not the ultimate design that they settled on. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Euro look.

I love AF packaging as it is now. It looks very upscale. I agree with everyone saying this would have looked too generic.

And I love the rooster logo.

Last edited:
I like the AF logo as it is now. I think it has an upscale, organic look.But....I wish all the packaging had a small white box above the UPC for the expiration date. The AF packaging can be a beast to find the date codes on.

Not loving it. But I also hated the Up and Up when it first launched too. I suppose I'll get used to it.

I like the AF logo as it is now. I think it has an upscale, organic look.But....I wish all the packaging had a small white box above the UPC for the expiration date. The AF packaging can be a beast to find the date codes on.

Ain't that the truth. It would be nice if there was some kind of rule that the date had to be in the same place on every package.

Not loving it. But I also hated the Up and Up when it first launched too. I suppose I'll get used to it.

The Up and Up is goofy. The whole "brand" thing makes no sense with these stupid arrows. How did they come up with this logo?
Oh, I know, the "old" Target logo was "too dated" but with the "old" logo you knew that you were getting Target product. Now, just about every package looks the same and when coupons are printed with the Up and Up you can't tell what the product is without reading the coupon. As a cashier, the coupons are too hard to read and often slows down the check-out process.

I do have to say that I love the two or three word phrases that describes the product and some of the pictures are really quite fun and original. My favorite phrase is on the lunch bags is says "packed with love" and my favorite pictures are the ones on the toilet paper. Who'd have thought that making flowers out of toilet paper would be so fun.

Dandy dabbers on the napkins!

...but too easy & we know Target ain't about easy....or sensible, or sane, or rational, or smart, or practical, or (fill in your favorite trait here)...

Most likely cause AF stuff is made by 34934039349 different companies.

I'll dab your dandy >;]

Oh, STOP it, you two! I'm dropping dabbers all over because of you all....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back