COVID-19 Are all Target stores notifying employees of Covid cases?

Our store has not been notifying anyone when a co-worker tests positive for Covid. Does Target have a policy about doing this, or is up to each store?

I have been notified of 5 just this week. Policy is Asants but if you have close contact you will get a phone call. My sd called me a few months ago and I about had a stroke because I thought it was covid related. It wasn't.

Does anyone have any ideal of how many cases a store must have over a week or two to close and have outside co truly do a deep cleaning ? A local Walmart has closed for cleaning.

another state

Wow, I just got the first notification I’ve had I’m months. We’ve been having cases this whole time but they had stopped sending out the notifications. Also, does anyone know what the color classifications mean? Our store is orange now but I don’t have access to see what that entails.

We are getting Atleast two everyday since two weeks. I’m almost sure few of my team members called out for the same reason . Our msg also says the store is cleaned thoroughly in a daily basis . I haven’t seen any except for the usual floor sweeping with the machine .

^^ really? We had maybe 1 month of no masks. Didn't Target make it mandatory for all TMs sometime in the late summer/early fall?
We are suppose to wear in salesfloor but people take it off all the time in the backroom and tsc and while store is closed . But for guests it’s not mandatory for a while and Atleast 30-40% of guests don’t wear a mask .

I thought we were, but one TM told me today our store has been declared a COVID hotspot despite not getting any notifications lately. She said it was because people were calling and and waiting for tests (or "waiting for tests" depending on the TM), but who knows.

I've been out for a week and a half (vacation) and I don't spend much time around TMs, but I'm gonna have to get bitchy about using the conference room as a break room again. It's been locked a lot lately because we've had guests wandering in (the conference room is off a little hallway that's supposed to be secured but OPU leaves the door open so they can get to the OPU area across the hall from the conference room). Break time is the only time I'd realistically spend enough time close to anyone to get infected.

I thought we were, but one TM told me today our store has been declared a COVID hotspot despite not getting any notifications lately. She said it was because people were calling and and waiting for tests (or "waiting for tests" depending on the TM), but who knows.

I've been out for a week and a half (vacation) and I don't spend much time around TMs, but I'm gonna have to get bitchy about using the conference room as a break room again. It's been locked a lot lately because we've had guests wandering in (the conference room is off a little hallway that's supposed to be secured but OPU leaves the door open so they can get to the OPU area across the hall from the conference room). Break time is the only time I'd realistically spend enough time close to anyone to get infected.
Break time is in my car alone time. stay safe everyone

No, our good ol’ southern HR people have done their damndest to leave covid in the past. Our district at least has not been sending covid texts since maybe June 2020. While I never tested positive, 3/5 members of my family did all in a matter of 3 weeks back in 2020. I was lucky enough to have received partial pay while I was out, but it didn’t come without hours and hours spent on the phone with pay and benefits or whoever it was. HR and HRBP didn’t give a flying fuck, so I pulled the “family attorney” card (we don’t have a family attorney😂).

So even though the majority of my household was sick in bed with covid, Target’s amazing HR told me on the phone that “it’s 100% your choice not to come into work since you didn’t test positive”. So I said okay, well the state health department has called once a day for the past three weeks and given me specific instructions. If you tell me to come to work one more time, they said they will be calling the HRBP. If I remember correctly I received a paycheck the next day.

No covid pay, no covid texts. And this is all after Florida broke the one day record for covid cases in one day last week!! What a time to be alive

Oh, there are the notifications. One yesterday, about cases last in store on 12/21 and 12/30. Today's notification was for the rest of the days except Christmas Eve and NYE. Doing some catching up, I suppose.

Back