Archived Are any stores still having huddles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have huddle most mornings. They are just turning into marathon huddles, never less than a half hour. They are almost always smart huddles and everyone has to go. The team members have all been complaining that it's too much. Hours have been cut so bad, no one has time to lose to huddle.

we have huddle most mornings. They are just turning into marathon huddles, never less than a half hour. They are almost always smart huddles and everyone has to go. The team members have all been complaining that it's too much. Hours have been cut so bad, no one has time to lose to huddle.

Our (now former) ETL-GE came up with the idea of a one minute huddle. It's a sheet of paper that lists sales info, conversion, vibe scores, etc. that all the GSTLs/GSAs are supposed to go over with the cashiers once they clock in and come out to the lanes. Unfortunately, it's happening less and less since he left - we just get yelled at about conversion just like before.

My GSTLs used to do this when I was a cashier. We have a different GE now though, so I'm sure the "cashier huddle" has gone away (along with the integrity of the front end).

At my store if a huddle is called to PFresh....
43fde972fb2dbaa8363632eab17b4c986bd166dcf670b713efc2685c58b8bd6a.jpg

I wish my store would do a huddle in softlines if not to clear out the four or five carts that get left behind each night.

Huddles in seasonal are always traps in my store. I avoid them if I can, but they call us out by name. But, if there's a backup call before it ends, I go and never return to zone or whatever. Haven't witnessed a huddle in a long time. I do like going though, to get the update on the new thing we're focusing on and the new contests if there are any. Plus it's a free break on the days when there's no zoning.

I wish my store would do a huddle in softlines if not to clear out the four or five carts that get left behind each night.
Everyone who is non-Softlines at my store will not do Softlines work properly. Even if they've been trained, they play dumb. We can't even get Guest Services to put a sticker on "Online Only" items most of the time. Rewrap is only for the operator, apparently, even if there aren't numbers on the item itself.

Last edited:
Everyone who is non-Softlines at my store will not do Softlines work properly. Even if they've been trained, they play dumb. We can't even get Guest Services to put a sticker on "Online Only" items most of the time. Rewrap is only for the operator, apparently, even if there aren't numbers on the item itself.

I worked at a gap company for a couple years, I can do soft lines, so at the least I can fold shirts and when I bring rewrap stuff if I don't have numbers I bring a twin to take the numbers from..

And as In-Stocks I hate that "online only" sticker when its missing.. And its not just you guys in soft lines, my store its just about everything that comes back and the reshop person never catches it.. grr.

We still have huddles...

While it is nice to inform the team of our sales positions, metrics, goals, etc., the messages get repetitive and redundant as the week drags on. Also, our teams are small and sometimes it seems kind of pointless to have a "formal" meeting every day, especially when some of the closers seem to be falling asleep.

We don't have smart huddles, unless it is because of a new transition (like seasonal) or we've discovered fifo-ing issues, but pretty sure the last one we had was back in BTS 2013, and we had a huddle/push party in seasonal with Icee samples!

And as In-Stocks I hate that "online only" sticker when its missing.. And its not just you guys in soft lines, my store its just about everything that comes back and the reshop person never catches it.. grr.

Yeah, our service desk team isn't great about ticketing either. It's not uncommon for us to find items in the re-shop that need SIM tickets or have even gone salvage.

Yeah, our service desk team isn't great about ticketing either. It's not uncommon for us to find items in the re-shop that need SIM tickets or have even gone salvage.

My personal favorite is when Guest Service actually defected the item and tagged it, but it was reshop'd anyways! Always spiffy when its food and its tagged "Toss" with the lovely picture of a trash can.

My store has them on a regular basis. There will be a day or two here and there where we get too busy to have an evening huddle, which is understandable.

My store does great with evening huddles (every night) but morning huddles are few and far between (unless you're on flow team). We don't have "smart" huddles often (unless working FDC counts). Our infrequent "smart" huddle usually involves pushing product for transitions (mini seasonal, seasonal).

At my store day has huddles/smart huddles too all the time- Night ( which is usually what I work)are rare- and usually horribly timed- like at 8:45 -9:00 and last about 20 min or so...we do a lot of " let's break on..."------" . One ETL had us doing some cheer type routine... sigh. Smart huddles is Slines would be great- but we'are usually stuck with unsorted reshop which makes them pointless... though the shoes smart huddles are helpful.

It depends on the lod, always a morning huddle at 9. They used to be huddles just to have us push the food truck or a pallet of merchandise. Rarely, they have samples or a fast, fun and friendly activity. A midday huddle sometimes depending on the lod. Evening huddles, some lods just dont call them because we close sometimes with just a few people and they tell you what area you are zoning.

Used to have huddles daily on overnights but besides sales projections it was same stuff repeated over and over "check endcaps" and etc.. so they was a waste of time because of lack of progress reports or whatever.. now we barely have them and it kinda stinks..still repeats same stuff but nothing about sales or that stuff (mind you I don't care if we doing great in sales however if stores not hitting sales hours get cut which effect me in a very big way). I would like to know if hours are gonna start getting cut so I can plan for that in my budget so maybe I won't go out on date night and such

Last edited:
Every day we have several huddles. Every one is about team members pitching in to do go-backs in various departments. Long gone are the huddles at TSC with snacks or starbucks samples. I would love to see a huddle in Produce where everyone pitches in to do the load or stock bananas/watermelons. Wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back