Archived Are DTL's being phased out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a situation in our region and I am wondering if the DTL's know more than us...as in they are jumping ship at a faster rate than rats.

I don't know if you're in the same region as me, but I just saw my DTL a couple days ago.

I think we had one yesterday I was in Electronics and looked out at the race track and saw the "Crimson Tide" a nice row of red shirts with someone I haven't seen before in the middle and surrounded by ETLs talking while they were walking by the toys

I would not be suprised to them double up district sizes. Their was a time when DTLs really knew their stuff and you could learn something from them. Now they are pretty much worthless just parroting whatever some guy sitting in a chair at corporate thinks is important. They also used to be respected, now nobody seems to pay attention to them without rolling their eyes.

Our DTL was just in on Monday. It was a very strange visit, as he was acting very nervous like. My TL had never seen him like that. It was a special visit with the DTL AND HIS boss. Weird thing though was that they only walked around the front of the store in the A aisles (Cleaning/Health & Beauty/Pharmacy/Pets). So all the execs and TL's had to superzone A before the Regional guy showed up. I don't know what the heck it was about.

we keep having visits from our DTL about instocks. They're having group visits focused on instocks so our DTL has been all over all of us about it. Luckily we're good to go but I don't get why he keeps coming back. He came 4 times last week and so far twice this week.

This should be the final week for the holiday readiness visits. So nervous dtls is a bit understandable when their boss is going with them on these visits.

I would not be suprised to them double up district sizes. Their was a time when DTLs really knew their stuff and you could learn something from them. Now they are pretty much worthless just parroting whatever some guy sitting in a chair at corporate thinks is important. They also used to be respected, now nobody seems to pay attention to them without rolling their eyes.

This.

When our store opened, we had a DTL who was VERY involved in ensuring stores were running properly. Every scheduled visit included detailed walkthroughs with the TLs while he quizzed them on metrics, what they were planning on doing to improve them, product knowledge, etc. When I was BR TL, he would grab a PDA and start scanning random items in the backroom to ensure they were located while asking me how I was planning on handling the next major transition/holiday season/etc. The guy was a bit of a prick and probably a little TOO involved in details that store level ETLs should be worried about but you could tell that he knew his stuff and was just pushing for things to work better. He was with us for 4 years before they transferred him elsewhere.

Nowadays, I have seen 3 different DTLs come and go in the past 2 years. Walks in the backroom consist of: Step in through receiving, glance down the length of it, buzzword buzzword buzzword, turn around and walk out.

The majority of the DTL's have resigned in the last 2 weeks.....immediate resignations. There has been an uptick in hoity toity visits to our store and our area, thinking it might be our region. Not too sad to see our DTL go because I am thinking they are the only reason our STL has kept his job(they said that they were scared because the DTL had their back)

Saw my DTL for the first time at Black Thursday opening. She can't be older than 30. Goes well with my new STL, who looks like she's 25 (I find myself very attracted to her, but I haven't interacted with her much yet).

this is an interesting thread. I have had a few visits from my DTL over the last month, in prep for Black Friday, and expecting one sometime this week. The DTL wasn't nervous at all, but word spread that out Group Leader was out and about checking out the stores however the Group Leader never made it to my store. Other than that, I have not heard anything about DTL's being phased out. Just different business partners

This is the nice thing about being a bright green store.

The DTL rarely shows up except for announced visits.

See, I'm wondering if we've got some issues at our store...I swear I've seen our DTL three times in the last week, and she's been making weekly or biweekly visits for awhile before that. And soon we're getting a REALLY big bigwig visit. It can't because we're green cuz we ain't, lol. Ai yi yi...

See, I'm wondering if we've got some issues at our store...I swear I've seen our DTL three times in the last week, and she's been making weekly or biweekly visits for awhile before that. And soon we're getting a REALLY big bigwig visit. It can't because we're green cuz we ain't, lol. Ai yi yi...

Your STL will likely be looking for a new employer soon.

That would be a shame, because our STL actually gets stuff done as opposed to our previous mahstah. Our STL hasn't even been in the job that long...only since this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back