Archived Are ETLs required to change stores every 2-3 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that’s one of the things I dislike about the company. All of ours just treat the store as a stepping stone to another job. Now the other ones (I’m terrible with titles but I know our logistics one has been here for like 10 years) stay. But it funny seeing them suck up to an ETL who clearly has less experience than them.

Target needs to stop hiring these kids fresh out of college and go with experience instead. Cause most of them really don’t know what they’re doing. At all the other stores I worked for they’d make someone who’s been with the company for a long time a store manager over a newbie with a degree. And that’s how it should be, and I say this as someone with a four year degree 😂

Yeah, that’s one of the things I dislike about the company. All of ours just treat the store as a stepping stone to another job. Now the other ones (I’m terrible with titles but I know our logistics one has been here for like 10 years) stay. But it funny seeing them suck up to an ETL who clearly has less experience than them.

Target needs to stop hiring these kids fresh out of college and go with experience instead. Cause most of them really don’t know what they’re doing. At all the other stores I worked for they’d make someone who’s been with the company for a long time a store manager over a newbie with a degree. And that’s how it should be, and I say this as someone with a four year degree 😂
While long-time team members who want to advance to TL and ETL languish. I can't judge the whole chain, but at least in my little slice of Tartarus there is the impression that if one doesn't make TL by the time one turns 30, it isn't going to happen at all.

The whole purpose of these 'rotations' was to prep them to eventually get their own store, so they were familiar with the varying roles.
They were supposed to work different areas in different types/volumes of stores to get a taste of handling the various subcultures within the company.

While long-time team members who want to advance to TL and ETL languish. I can't judge the whole chain, but at least in my little slice of Tartarus there is the impression that if one doesn't make TL by the time one turns 30, it isn't going to happen at all.

Mines the exact opposite no one at my store gets promoted until there in there 30s
And have been with the company for at least 4 years for TLs

I wouldn't sneeze at $55k. Maybe I could finally make a dent in my student loans. I didn't go to college to spend the remainder of my days asking guests if this will be on their Redcard today
I definitely agree I’m wasting my college degree asking about read cards haha. Only reason I wouldn’t take 55k is because I make more than that with my hourly wage @50 hours

I definitely agree I’m wasting my college degree asking about read cards haha. Only reason I wouldn’t take 55k is because I make more than that with my hourly wage @50 hours
I wish I were that lucky. If they gave me 50 hours a week on what I make, I'd still fall over 20k short. (Making $12.32 now, going to $13 with everyone else next month). And I have enough trouble getting 20 hours out of them now.

I wish I were that lucky. If they gave me 50 hours a week on what I make, I'd still fall over 20k short. (Making $12.32 now, going to $13 with everyone else next month). And I have enough trouble getting 20 hours out of them now.
I was making the TL minimum but got a 7 dollar raise going from TL to Senior due to nature of my promotion and the store transfer. Definitely right place right time

Don't settle.

Some time ago you were talking about going to school. What direction are you going with that?

Had to backburner that strategy for this fiscal year

Quite the shitty racket they got going on what with taking everybody's money and not even offering protection

I can't imagine making $75,000+ a year and considering it a starter job. I would be content with half that amount.
It’s not that, it’s the impression of working retail. A lot of people from the baby boomer generation drilled it into our heads (millennials) that working retail meant you were a bum and looser at life....which isn’t the case at all.

I made TL at 18 and I quit.

Doesn’t mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back