Archived Are hours going to be good in the summer?

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I only ask because hours are a little bad at the shop location I'm at. On the latest schedule, I'm only getting like 6 hour shifts each day and being scheduled to leave at 7pm. 7pm in the backroom is too early. Gonna be tough to get shite done. And I was told by a boss to watch staying late too. I just don't get it. I have certain bosses and team members complain about the backroom being a mess like backstock not getting done or whatever.

I stayed an hour late last week past schedule to work on backstock. Tell a boss that and just no positive recognition or feedback. I wasn't surprised but I'm still a human being. I mean you could at least be like "I appreciate your sacrifice". People get mad about stuff not getting done and then get mad at me for the fact they are tightwads when it comes to hours.

I would think that with school getting out and the temperature rising because summer is close is that the hours will pick up. Then again, this is Target and it's cutthroat.

Try being in a D-volume that's missed sales projections all but like 3 days in April :(

Depending on the market it can, in general, increase in sales. Apparel generally sees an uptick in sales during the back to school/summer seasonal shift when the weather improves. Sporting goods obviously does better, and so does market if people like to have summer parties.

And if you're in a college town, hours definitely increases but not by much because they start hiring like crazy to fill up the hours instead of giving them to TMs who wants them.

There is definitely an increase in cashiers during the summer. Last summer I was getting short shifts. Seems stupid to me.

Any-who, a good time to get some nice hours is around august. A lot of parents buying back to school items!!! Tell your HR and LODs to feel free to call anytime during that time if you want !

Back to school is around the corner. The store will get destroyed. At least all the ones in my area did. Back to school is far more horrible than Christmas, but, at least it's something to get some hours for. Hours SHOULD go up, but no guarantees of course.

Back to school is around the corner. The store will get destroyed. At least all the ones in my area did. Back to school is far more horrible than Christmas, but, at least it's something to get some hours for. Hours SHOULD go up, but no guarantees of course.

And the shoppers are way more critical and honestly snotty. They have to have exactly what is on the list and if we are sold out of it, it's our fault. Cause of course we should have an endless supply of Pink Pearl erasers and graphic paper notebooks. And the best ones are the customers who expect us to have the list for their school, not them the parent, we a retail store should know what their kids needs.

And heaven forbid they actually have to look for anything in the dump bins.

Hours, I won't hold my breath, if they use how they scheduled for inventory is any indication. My store is screwed.

And it can't be the normal magic rub eraser (the white rectangle), it has to be the HIGH POLYMER magic rub eraser. You don't have it? OMG MY KID IS GOING TO FAIL THIS YEAR.

Yeah....Back to School was "fun".

Hours.
Sure was busy today, but then again I was the only one on the hardlines mis/un-zoned sales floor helping guests locate vacuums, personal care and cosmetics while juggling my other tasks.
I let the LOD know some hands/hours were needed to get the vacuums in order and some team members on the floor to drive sales.
Lots of opportunity of sales being missed with frustrated and discouraged guests leaving the store lite.

Last edited:
Never understood the back to school shopping craze. Your kid is not going to fail or magically be everyone's best friend if they have the coolest trapper keeper or five star binder.

I've actually heard moms sitting in my café gossiping about other moms not getting their kids 'cool' stuff.
Status symbol trash talk by proxie?

Lol.. I always wanted the glitteriest Lisa Frank school supplies money could buy, so I guess I understand, kinda. Idk why the parents are gossiping about it.

My store's hours seem to go up before grill holidays, but it's not consistently good hours until back to school season hits.

Ours are declining weekly (not totally due to MyTime), and I imagine will not pick up until maybe back to school.... but in reality probably not until after Labor Day.

Snowbirds r us!

That totally depends on your summer foot traffic. My last store, a major tourist area, has tons of summer payroll. My current will not. Where I am now, everyone LEAVES town to vacation.

And the shoppers are way more critical and honestly snotty. They have to have exactly what is on the list and if we are sold out of it, it's our fault. Cause of course we should have an endless supply of Pink Pearl erasers and graphic paper notebooks. And the best ones are the customers who expect us to have the list for their school, not them the parent, we a retail store should know what their kids needs.

Hours, I won't hold my breath, if they use how they scheduled for inventory is any indication. My store is screwed.

My store has managed to grab the supply list of alot of schools around the area and put them in our back to school section and make a ton of copies of them. It really does help.

My store has managed to grab the supply list of alot of schools around the area and put them in our back to school section and make a ton of copies of them. It really does help.

We do that to, but where I do argue is that we are a store, you are the parent, don't blame me for you not bothering. They are YOUR children, YOUR responsibility.

This is nothing spectacular. In fact it's program. Stores are supposed to get the lists and HQ provides a sidecap to place them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back