Archived Are there more hours in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your state allows, file for under-employment.

Not really sure how to find that out plus wouldn't that ruffle feathers lol sales were shit the last few months so i dunno if filing for that would be good if hours will go back up here soon

Last edited:
They're doing the whole let's hire a bunch of people and give them hours and they don't show up routine again too

The minimum you can be scheduled for one shift is 3 hours. Why are people getting one hour? That's insane.
Yes, we have always had to schedule team for 3 hours for 1 hour meetings. We have had people scheduled 1 hour in a particular area at the end of a shift in another area.

Is that an official Target position? How can these TMs document that?
From my understanding it is. I'm assuming that they would have to ask their HRTM what's the minimum hours they can be scheduled in a single day and start saving their schedules and try and contest it.

You would think it's an insult but a Starbucks tm has 1 hr and another tm got 2 hrs so it's not as insulting haha
That's insane!! I thought hours were bad at my store but the least amount of hours some people got was around 12 hours.

From my understanding it is. I'm assuming that they would have to ask their HRTM what's the minimum hours they can be scheduled in a single day and start saving their schedules and try and contest it.
I think best practice is 4, and the scheduler flags for 3 or fewer hours shifts.

Not a happy camper !
I am cross trained every where , and got a measly 25 hrs each week !
What irks me , HR tm gave 38 hrs for each of her kids , even if she claims she doesn't do their schedule ...
When one her kids says that her mom forgot to add some of her shifts in , but she will fix that , that really pisses a lot of people off l!!!

Wondering if the company forgot that one has to spend money to make money. Guests are walking out because there's no one in the store to help them.
Yes, online sales are decent, but you still need people to get the items into the store, assist the guest and keep the shelf properly filled. (not just cramming it all on the shelf making the store look worse than a Dollar Store)

Not a happy camper !
What irks me , HR tm gave 38 hrs for each of her kids , even if she claims she doesn't do their schedule ...
When one her kids says that her mom forgot to add some of her shifts in , but she will fix that , that really pisses a lot of people off l!!!
That sounds like a call to the HRBP.

One of the flow tms I work with added Sunday to her availability. It was discussed with the person she would report to and the person doing the schedule. Everyone was happy to have someone who wanted to work on Sunday. So the schedule came out and now Sunday is scheduled but Saturday she is now available. This person is a good tm who is looking for hours. Nope she's getting screwed over.

63123312.jpg

Not a happy camper !
From the TM Handbook;
" high-level Executives and team members with unique responsibilities may potentially influence the career path or terms and conditions of employment of others including those with whom they do not have a direct reporting relationship. Examples of these team members are those on Assets Protection and Human Resources. . . . In circumstances such as these, because of the ability to influence and/or because of unique position responsibilities, Target MAY refuse to employ relatives in such situations."

So, this is a problem. Even if she has nothing to do with her kids' schedules, the perception is that she does. You might want to mention that to whomever you decide to talk to.

From the TM Handbook;
" high-level Executives and team members with unique responsibilities may potentially influence the career path or terms and conditions of employment of others including those with whom they do not have a direct reporting relationship. Examples of these team members are those on Assets Protection and Human Resources. . . . In circumstances such as these, because of the ability to influence and/or because of unique position responsibilities, Target MAY refuse to employ relatives in such situations."

So, this is a problem. Even if she has nothing to do with her kids' schedules, the perception is that she does. You might want to mention that to whomever you decide to talk to.

May refuse. Our HRTM has had 3 of her daughters work at our store through the years. I worked with two of them, and it was never a problem...but both were in school and I don't think wanted many hours..plus, they were Starbucks, which seems chronically understaffed.

I don't really understand what is going on with the hours right now???:mad: I worked for this company with no call ins, haven't been late to work either. I thought the longer you work at one company your pay or year to date salary should increase. It's the opposite I see for Target. Looked at my schedule for this week:mad: 11 hrs wtf? This trend has been happening since the first quarter. I already used up all my vacation and personal time. Looking forward to my job application at an airline and aerospace company. But I guess the thing that gets me angry is that they are interviewing peopleo_O I'm going cray cray.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back