Archived Are there more hours in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This month has been going downhill with the hours. Next fucking week I'm scheduled 22. I can't believe went from 35, then 30, now to 22. And I haven't called in since last year September or came in late! I'm so pissed off, how the fuck am I supposed to pay bills and my student loan?

I sure hope so. A lot of us have to use vacation hours to increase our paychecks.

Unfortunately hours don't kick back up until July - August for back to school :( I know how you feel, I'm only working eight hours next week.

If y'all looking for hours, my suggestion is to cross train in other workcenters. I myself have went from only being schedule 8 hours to getting my full 40 hours because of the different areas I know. At Spot, truly the more you know helps you in the long run!! Just a suggestion...

Our sales are way, way up. Hours still mid 20s though. I was told they base the hours/coverage (at least for cashiers) on last years' sales? Which is why we have 3 people scheduled to close -- one cashier, one GSA/TL and one CA. True?

They better pick the hours up for me at my store, or I'm going to have to go looking for another job.

Ask to be put on the pfresh team. Tell them you don't mind the cold and love a fast pace environment. We can always use another person to push our truck of 1,000 pieces 4 times a week.

Our sales are way, way up. Hours still mid 20s though. I was told they base the hours/coverage (at least for cashiers) on last years' sales? Which is why we have 3 people scheduled to close -- one cashier, one GSA/TL and one CA. True?
That is correct for now.

Sometimes the hours do creep up in June. People start shopping for graduations, weddings and vacations. The area that my store is in is what we call a "through" town. A lot of tourists and locals alike travel through the town ( that my store is in) on the way to the beaches ( we are about an hour from the nearest beach).

Sometimes the hours do creep up in June. People start shopping for graduations, weddings and vacations. The area that my store is in is what we call a "through" town. A lot of tourists and locals alike travel through the town ( that my store is in) on the way to the beaches ( we are about an hour from the nearest beach).
Sounds like Los Banos, CA.

Trained in every work center but receiving and have open availability and 29 hours on the new schedule. .

If y'all looking for hours, my suggestion is to cross train in other workcenters. I myself have went from only being schedule 8 hours to getting my full 40 hours because of the different areas I know. At Spot, truly the more you know helps you in the long run!! Just a suggestion...
This is true to a certain point and should be true. However, as we all know when hours get tight ( hell even when they are not tight) who gets what hours and how many is often a game of ....who is liked more etc. This isn't the case in all stores....however, it does happen.

Last edited:
At my stores, folks who do multi-area's get more hours. Because mgt know that tasks will be done.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Seriously guys. Get cross trained in as much stuff as possible. Stalk the swapboard, and always keep a extra clean set of Red & Khaki in your car. If your someone who always responds to call ins, you'll definitely get more hours.

:)

Start checking the swap board daily & call at 8am on any days off you want to work.
The operator usually has gotten several call-outs by then & may be about to start calling.
As HL4 said, keep a work change in your car & your cell phone ON.
Any time they ask if you know how to do some area you haven't done before, tell them "No, but I've always wanted to learn!"

I heard our hours will be down in June (I guess it was announced at huddle, but I wasn't there) and I honestly don't know how our store will function. At night on the floor we normally have a person in market, electronics, and the fitting room. Then we have one person in hardline and one in softlines. But if someone calls in they do not try to replace them so sometimes it is less than that. We also have the LOD although they don't normally help with any of the zoning or reshop.

Only two responses at my store, try to pick up more shifts, or get promoted if you want more hours.

Crosstraining is your friend, every week someone calls out and 1/3rd of my hours are from extending or being called in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back