Archived Are we sitting ducks in a terror attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new at Target, and not that far from where the San Bernardino attack occurred. It makes me think: we are all, with the guests, in a big enclosed warehouse. Are we safe if someone like those jihadists came in shooting? Are there drills? Are plans in place?

Are there exits I don't know about? Do the AP people conceal carry at least? I'd like to think there was some attempt to keep us and all the guests safe.

I highly doubt that your AP conceals carry. First off spot doesn't allow AP to have weapons even if the state your in allows conceal carry. As far as procedures in the event something like that happens am not sure what the policy is.

Liberals have made this entire country a sitting duck.

I've often wondered how easy it would be for those that want to do harm to use retail stores as a target. Especially around the holidays, when you have large groups of people in one location.

Targets stance on weapons in its stores just makes the threat of an attack all too convenient.

Folks, let's refrain from turning this into a political debate. If you want to make it political, take it to the off the clock chatter. This is the only warning I am giving.

Thanks!

That's where this thread needs to be, anyway.

This is Target related as it relates to our safety at work. So I'll allow it. But I'm not going to get into a debate about how the policies our lawmakers have or haven't set up have gotten this country into this mess.

Large crowded stores definitely seem like a target (no pun intended, I swear). Still, the chances of something happening to you are so small.

Liberals have made this entire country a sitting duck.

I've often wondered how easy it would be for those that want to do harm to use retail stores as a target. Especially around the holidays, when you have large groups of people in one location.

Targets stance on weapons in its stores just makes the threat of an attack all too convenient.

Take that shit to a Fox News forums , we have been sitting ducks ever since columbine with gun violence , not just now.

I for one have my great hiding spots in the back room , the same I use to hide from Guests and TM's.

I never meant to be political. I was listening to the radio coming home last night and they were advising everyone to think about their workplaces and what they would do, officially (like a known company strategy) and personally, if their workplace were attacked (by anyone armed). So I thought about Target and other big warehouse stores, and what they have perhaps already had high level corporate meetings about - they must have. And I wonder what they determined for us.

It's not just for myself, I ask for all of us, and how to help our guests escape. The store appears to be a big enclosed box, and if the attacker has no desire to get out, like a suicide attacker, that gives him/her the advantage.

Are there any strategies that lowly TMs should know? Like head for the back, take as many guests as possible? Or shelter in place because the aisles will catch the bullets? Also, wouldn't it be good if the AP were armed so he/she could attempt to stop the shooter?

Targets are big and have a lot of doors and ways to get to them. Know where the exits are and run in the opposite direction of where you're hearing things go wrong, then call 911. If you have to hide, not sure what your options are really. Maybe offices in TSC or the CO if you somehow have access to those areas? I had a seminar about workplace shootings years ago at a different job and wish I remembered more than a) gunshots don't sound like the movies and b) if you're holed up in a room, don't just open the door because the person says they're a cop; they're supposed to have a badge or something to slide under the door? It was almost a decade ago.

Hold on let me screenshot the new Target Jihadi Terror Attack Policy they're rolling out
Does it involve Redcards and/or the Vibe? "I see you're demanding the release of so-and-so but he's not here. Can I instead interest you in this toaster oven? With Cartwheel its 10% off today!"

I think we'd have better luck offering charged up cell phones if the terrorists had to smash their old ones. Just sayin. ;)

Yes, we are sitting ducks.

IF Target has some sort of safety plan, apparently it does not involve the TMs. Leadership never discussed any safety measures or escape measures with me.

Yes we are, but this would also apply to a simple robbery too since Target's policy is to not interfere whatsoever.

Of course folks, you realize that the chances that you will be killed by a someone who is falling asleep at the wheel of their car is much more likely than a terrorist attack.
In fact, your chance of being killed by a terrorist is 1 in 20 million while dying in a car accident is 1 in 100.
Your priorities are way off.

Which might explain why Spot doesn't have a plan in place for the event.

It's not even terrorist attacks I'm worried about, but just generally pissed off people with weapons. If the lane next to me is empty and I feel someone walking up behind me it really takes up all my willpower not to freak out and scream because people walking up behind me terrifies the shit out of me. My friends joke that everything with me is dying, but I'm legitimately afraid of anything leading to death no matter how tiny or insignificant it might seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back