Are you having problems scanning with the new TC58 Zebras

I’ve all but given up on using the new TC58 devices because of the scanner on them. I get that it is directional, but they slow me down so much trying to scan items into OPU and Waco labels. Way too many invalid scans are a nightmare when I’m working OPUs on short timers.

Does anyone have suggestions/workarounds other than using the old devices?

I’ve all but given up on using the new TC58 devices because of the scanner on them. I get that it is directional, but they slow me down so much trying to scan items into OPU and Waco labels. Way too many invalid scans are a nightmare when I’m working OPUs on short timers.

Does anyone have suggestions/workarounds other than using the old devices?
They are definitely buggy but they much quicker and I find the scanner much better. We don't use them for fulfillment though because the rfid disconnects all the time on them.

They are really buggy and crash constantly on me and I have to reboot constantly.

The battery is better but I think mainly because they are new.

I have also noticed if I power it off and replace the battery half the time it won't turn on unless I put it in the cradle.

We are just getting them and we tried one in fulfillment today with a less than stellar result (hard to use rfid, but our wifi is less than reliable) but it was the first time trying it. Does anyone know if there are handles available for these?

We are just getting them and we tried one in fulfillment today with a less than stellar result (hard to use rfid, but our wifi is less than reliable) but it was the first time trying it. Does anyone know if there are handles available for these?
Ours have straps that you have to remove to change the battery.

There are no screen protectors for with the covers either.

I've had the scanner quit scanning a few times, but my biggest issue is the overly sensitive screen- I had my thumb hovering over but not touching the screen and it still registered it so it kept minimizing the app or going back to many screens. The only way I could temporarily fix it was to restart the device but then the same thing would happen less than an hour later.

So then I went back to my old device and it kept shutting off on me repeatedly. 🤦🏻‍♀️Third device the scanner kept getting stuck on.

I also dislike I cannot log out of the phone app on the new ones.

They're slightly glitchy. Some more than others. Overall, a huge improvement from the older ones.

Also, they are a little bigger 😫 I have small hands also and can't hold it and tap around with one hand anymore.

I personally love the TC58s. Being up front, the only apps I use on them are Pickup, myDay, Price Match, Shipt Audit, and MPM. 4/5 of those apps work flawlessly, and the performance/screen size is great! The only app I have issues with is myDay, and for one thing. A lot of the time, when I turn off my myDevice and turn it back on, myDay bugs out and has connection issues, making me unable to scan anything and stuck on a weird loading screen where everything is unaccessible. But I don't really need to use myDay for anything besides defecting and viewing the GiftCard POG.

We can't access accessibility settings on our new devices, so I'm stuck with a perpetually auto-rotating screen. Also, has anyone figured out how to kill drive-up alerts other than by turning on Do Not Disturb?

We can't access accessibility settings on our new devices, so I'm stuck with a perpetually auto-rotating screen. Also, has anyone figured out how to kill drive-up alerts other than by turning on Do Not Disturb?

Reprocess the Pickup app in TEP Agent. That will stop Drive Up notifications until the Pickup app is opened again.

Trying to manually remove an OPU order from hold so I don't have to scan 14 bags that were prepped by someone else has become an almost impossible task. Half the time it won't register that I'm tapping those three little dots until the seventh tap and by then I'm annoyed because the old devices didn't do that.

New issue I've noticed: some days you can use a hip printer and print just fine, other days you can't. The device will tell you the hip printer isn't online but if you switch to an old device you have no problems getting a sticker or label.

Nothing but bugs while trying to inventory. Constantly drops out or crashes forcing you to rescan the m-cart you're working on. Annoying as hell, it's help function doesn't work 😒 🫣😡

Numerous times when you quit the priority pull batch it still shows that you are in it.

I have to reboot it constantly because it's stops scanning.

I used to think the battery life was better but now I think it is because the batteries are newer.

Also sometimes when I look at something online with Chrome it shows there are over 30 tabs open.

Last edited:
I HATE the TC58 with a burning passion. I'll go out of my way to avoid them at all costs. Easily one of the most frustrating experiences ever. It makes my work day feel twice as long because of numerous restarts, scanning issues, freezes etc.

Numerous times when you quit the priority pull batch it still shows that you are in it.

I have to reboot it constantly because it's stops scanning.

I used to think the battery life was better but now I think it is because the batteries are newer.

Also sometimes when I look at something online with Chrome it shows there are over 30 tabs open.
The priority issue happens regardless of device, it's something in the system itself.

And Chrome tabs aren't closed automatically so this always happens on every device unless someone goes through and closes them. I haven't noticed it being a problem though, Chrome doesn't load the page into RAM until you've opened that tab, so they're not really doing any harm.

Having used 56, 57 & 58, issues persist across all the devices, but the 58 is much nicer to work with and the scan range is miles better.

If my 58 stops scanning, I just hit the first tab on the left (home page), then go back to scan and it works.

I think most issues are due to MyDay itself, regardless of device.

Having used 56, 57 & 58, issues persist across all the devices, but the 58 is much nicer to work with and the scan range is miles better.

If my 58 stops scanning, I just hit the first tab on the left (home page), then go back to scan and it works.

I think most issues are due to MyDay itself, regardless of device.
Although the range is nicer, I have found that the precision leaves something to be desired. I'll scan, but for a brief second, and see that the crosshair visually hit the intended target only to find that it scanned a barcode adjacent to it. At least with the older models, you had a sense that the resolution of the scanners was less, so if there was an issue you could shrug it off. But with the 58s, I just never feel very confident that the thing I thought I scanned actually got scanned.

Back