Archived Are you saving 5 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two accounts... I only keep a minimum in my debit account. If I get hacked, they won't wipe me out. I also have good credit.

latest

I stuck with the credit card after hearing horror stories from coworkers hit with multiple transactions at once.
I pay my full balance every month at the service desk so I don't 'pay any fees' either.

I don't pay at the desk because I don't care for any of my fellow team members to know how much I spend.

So, no one (females) carries around a checkbook anymore?

They need to find a way to make it easier to sign up for the debit RedCard. They'll have a ton of people signing up. Problem is no one really walks around with a blank check.

It's not too hard to get people to sign up at home or even in the store. As long as they are in your area your store will get credit.

From my experience and observations, mostly elderly women and those who have a very strong distrust of technology take a check or checkbook out with them on a regular basis. Again, just my observations from cashiering for over 10 years and my experience with my immediate family.

While RedCards are talked about during the huddle, I've never felt like I'm being pressured to get more people to signup. I will ask, depending on the purchase. Most of my score points come from add-ons and replacement plans (which I normally get a shout out for on the radio). Oddly enough, when people do sign up, they tend to be older couples. Young people seem to avoid it. Dunno why, just happens that way.

Whenever I have a guest tell me that they want the debit but don't have a check, I hand them the little 4 pages booklet and prompt them to sign up online. And based on the monster wall poster we have by our TSC, I'd say a good number of them do it. There are regularly 8-10 "Online" entries by Saturday night.

The only place our RC numbers are posted is on a wall in the GS area where only GS people would look. The daily goal is posted on the grid but other than that, nothing in the TSC to show daily/weekly progress.

Sunday after Church is when you will catch the most people (women) with checkbooks. Some people still like to write a check on Sundays.

I write about 10 checks a month still. I got a really nice Coach leather checkbook cover at the outlet a few years ago. I love it.

My 18 year old son has a checking account with real old-school paper checks. He has a debit card too. He writes them for school activities, so that there is a papertrail (since it is so common for people to embezzle funds). He also wrote me a check every two weeks to cover his car insurance.

I have the debit card version and you have to have good self-control. It is literally a check. It takes 3 business days to hit my account and my bank codes it as an electronic check. Someone who plays fast and loose with their balancing of their bank account is not going to do well with it. And a lot of TMs don't realize the 3 day delay when they first get it.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I can sell the REDcard to someone who is using a credit card to get airline miles (one of my regulars). How do we compete with that??

This worked all the time for me, after you explain to the guest.......

Airline miles cards are generally 1%..... 1 mile per dollar spent.

Redcard is FIVE PERCENT. You may not believe it. But it has been and still is one of the bettter cards on the market..... go try and get a credit card that saves you FIVE percent, every time you shop somewhere. Bank of America will give you TWO percent on ONLY groceries..... not the entire store.

This was always my selling point.

Ughhhh how many times does someone have to pressure front lanes into selling the red card before they realize that we're doing everything in our power and still get a NO like seriously???!!! We get hundreds of talks about the red card and I literally ask every customer it's an 80% luck type of thing I don't want to harass people and cause them to not return it's happened occasionally and please the incentives are horrible wait what incentives???!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back