Archived Are you saving 5 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughhhh how many times does someone have to pressure front lanes into selling the red card before they realize that we're doing everything in our power and still get a NO like seriously???!!! We get hundreds of talks about the red card and I literally ask every customer it's an 80% luck type of thing I don't want to harass people and cause them to not return it's happened occasionally and please the incentives are horrible wait what incentives???!!!!

please the incentives are horrible wait what incentives???!!!!

Actually they aren't. Target has started ramping up red card holder exclusives.

Also its not just the 5 percent.

It's the free target.com shipping

Extra 30 days for returns.

I Don't care for the red card spiel but I'm also at a store that has gone with the directive it's not a focus anymore.

However during the interview they ask you if you are willing to promote the card. If you aren't why did you take the job?

Actually they aren't. Target has started ramping up red card holder exclusives.

Also its not just the 5 percent.

It's the free target.com shipping

Extra 30 days for returns.

I Don't care for the red card spiel but I'm also at a store that has gone with the directive it's not a focus anymore.

However during the interview they ask you if you are willing to promote the card. If you aren't why did you take the job?
I was never asked during the interview about red cards they were never mentioned I didn't even learn about the red card until training and yes we do also have other target exclusives but the customers are solidly set on no the second you ask about saving 5 percent then if you bring up other exclusives customers will start to get irritated and some have even cursed at us cashiers "Go to hell"-one of the worst attitudes in thecustomers I've seen.

I guess it depends on your attitude. I was consistently #1 or #2 for the last 2 years. I had 8 in one shift one time. I usually got 1 every 4 hours. Conversion of 1 per 50 sales.

Know all of the benefits. The debit card is really a checking card. That's why the payment comes out 2-4 days later. One of the benefits that people don't utilize enough is the 5% off gift cards (all gift cards except $ gift cards i.e. Target, Am Ex, Visa, MC). So if you like Starbucks, BWW, Regal, AMC, Southwest Airlines, Disney (buy a pile of $100's and cash them in on your cruise), you get 5% off on those.

I put the down payment on my 3 new iPhones on my Red Card. Saved 5% on my iPhones.

And for the lazy folks out there, you don't have to keep track of anything. No rewards to cash in. Just 5% less every time, on every thing. Pretty basic.

Part of my spiel to regular type customers buying groceries (averaging $90-120) or diapers (averaging $30-50 per week with other purchases) is even if you average $100 a week which is easy to do if you purchase groceries here that's $250 a year $5 each time over 50 weeks and throw in a couple of larger purchases for the holidays or back to school and it really adds up. Sub in $50 which is easy to do when you purchase diapers and other baby baby supplies and that is $125 per year so even though $2.50 isn't much it does add up over time.

I agree that full time cashiers are both crazy and really awesome for always being "on" with their people skills.

For those who don't completely shut me down when I first mention it, I will estimate their potential savings at the end if their purchase is $40 or more. That's gotten me two red cards.

I agree, I plead my heart out to customers that the redcard would help them. Not even a guy buying two bikes for a total of $345 wouldn't sign up. I'm super bummed by it, granted that was all back in July. I still try, but I've learned it's not worth the energy after the initial decline.

I'm never up at the lanes but when I am and have guests that already use Redcard the scenario plays out,

"LOOK AT THAT! you're total went from $52.47 to $49.98 I personally love seeing it just be under that extra dollar amount"

They are quick to agree and iterate that every penny/counts... people behind them are indirectly listening to the convo.

Then if and when the NEXT guest is getting rung up I re-mention that we do have a debt card since most don't know that and they can always apply at home.

If someone seems interested in the debit version but doesn't have their checkbook, I'll tell them that Guest Services can assist in helping them apply in store. Because at least in my store Guest Services does have internet access so the guests can apply online right there and use online checking on their phones to look up their account information.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I can sell the REDcard to someone who is using a credit card to get airline miles (one of my regulars). How do we compete with that??

What you can offer is that they can use their red card in store, and then pay the balance with the miles card to get those points.

I'll have to try that next time I see her.

I did have a guest who forgot her credit REDcard, but was going to pay with a check so I told her about the debit version (since she was gonna use a check anyway) and she signed up for it. That was cool because most of the time the guests just say no and want to pay with the check.

30 more days in the return window doesn't matter when a guest yells and demands that the LOD replace the sweater they bought last holloween and the LOD caves
...but it's a good selling point for those early Christmas shoppers.

But a nickel on every dollar ain't shit.

It's only helpful on large purchases...

True but if target is a place you shop every week or like us probably every day or close to it, it can add up over time. That is the only upside I see from it.

<Feel free to fire at me now that I hide behind that soapbox> :eek:

What you can offer is that they can use their red card in store, and then pay the balance with the miles card to get those points.
Doesn't work. They only get miles if they use their other card as credit. But you can only pay down your Red with debit, cash or check. I thought of that one a year ago LOL

Doesn't work. They only get miles if they use their other card as credit. But you can only pay down your Red with debit, cash or check. I thought of that one a year ago LOL

Awh, man. I don't think an exclusive Funko Pop can replace an entire free vacation.

I was never asked during the interview about red cards they were never mentioned I

I doubt this it's in the script for the interview guide. Are you willing to promote the Red Card and related products

If you've ever shopped at Target you know we ask guest if they would like a Red Card.

It blows me away people don't do simple research onto the job before they get hired here.

While we're on the topic of red cards, what are some actual exclusives and extras aside from the return policy and free shipping? Like the funko pop heads! Could regular guests not gett them or is it just that they were available sooner to red card holders? Same thing with the tom's Apple Watch bands?

Also, have you guys seen the spend $10 on home or apparel and get a $10 gift card coupon that they sent red card holders? does every red card holder get one or is it that they send certain guests certain coupons?

Also, have you guys seen the spend $10 on home or apparel and get a $10 gift card coupon that they sent red card holders? does every red card holder get one or is it that they send certain guests certain coupons?[/QUOTe

Supposedly every redcard holder is to get those gift card coupons. So far, I haven't seen one and I'm wondering if TMs will actually get those coupons.

Also, where there is information on the "extras and the exclusives" there is a disclaimer that says that these things may not be available in all states......but they don't seem to mention any states that might not allow those things.

If, as a redcard holder you have to go online to see what might be offered it seems like a waste. If I'm getting exclusives and extras, I ought to be told about them by Target.....either by email or by a flier in the mail.

The extra 30 days isn't much of a deal either. The 90 days ought to be enough time to figure things out.

Regarding Christmas gifts.........items bought now already last past the holiday.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I can sell the REDcard to someone who is using a credit card to get airline miles (one of my regulars). How do we compete with that??

You need to spend $30,000 to get a domestic round trip ticket. Most domestic round trip tickets are well under $500. Most of my guests bragged that they went to Hawaii for free every three or four years. (Kill me. If I only flew somewhere every 3-4 years, I'd be sad about that.) Anyway, you can get a ticket to Hawaii for $500 round trip from the west coast all the time. Why it takes 4 years to save up that $500 is beyond me. It's bad math. Well, it takes them that long to spend that much.

You're better off saving 5% in cash immediately if you shop at Target frequently. Use your Airline cards elsewhere (gas stations, restaurants, utility bills, etc). Buy Southwest Gift cards with your Red Card and save 5% on them. Fly somewhere sooner.

I fly at least 50 round trip flights a year. I'd know. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back