Asked for 15-20 hours but was given 28?

At my store particularly in the Style department people would talk to the ETL Style about scheduling. We have a few students in Style and of course their schedule changes every new semester. Our ETL right now is pretty good at working out on a schedule that works for everyone in Style.
When I was a student, I had a set schedule and I think it’s easier to manage the hours they can give you. Like at that time I only wanted to work 15-16 hours a week so I decided to give up my weekend and only be available Saturday and Sunday. Luckily they will give me the full 8 hours shift so I can totally get the 16 hours easily. And with having a set schedule, if they try to schedule me more hours on a day I am unavailable I can let them know that it’s outside my availability and they will delete that schedule if I report about it. But if they scheduled me outside my availability and don’t mind working I will go ahead and do the shift. But it didnt happen to often.

I want my etl style back 😭😭😭

It's amazing to me that interviewers promising full-time hours seems to be such a widespread issue throughout the company. I was also told during my interview by my future TL that they could "get me close to 40 hours". 😂

TLs/ETLs, come clean - are you all told to say this or is it pure coincidence?

It's amazing to me that interviewers promising full-time hours seems to be such a widespread issue throughout the company. I was also told during my interview by my future TL that they could "get me close to 40 hours". 😂

TLs/ETLs, come clean - are you all told to say this or is it pure coincidence?
Sorry your future TL told you that whopper. ASANTS, and this was before Modernization, but I was not told to say that and I never did. I was not about to lie to somebody during an interview to lure them into Spot and then screw them over later. I did lose a couple of interviewees who were looking for full time, but at least they knew the truth at the outset, unlike those new hires who had been lied to and quit soon after receiving their 4 hour a week schedules. I think some leaders lie to meet their quotas, some because they are desperate to fill positions, some don’t want to deliver any bad news, and some are just asshats who will say anything to anyone to get what they want. Spot would be better off if integrity was valued over expediency during the interview process. No wonder turnover is so high!

To be fair to my (now-former) TL, they had just taken over Style, which was very broken, and I don't think they were being deliberately shady. They would have been glad to give me all the hours I wanted but their hands were tied, especially after Modernization kicked in.

I am always very clear that hardly anyone gets 40 hrs (even our TL’s get 37) and MOST TM’s average 15. I do say the more you learn the more areas you can cover and pick up but no amount of hours is guaranteed. Waste of time to onboard and train to have them quit. I have NEVER been TOLD to say anything specific in an interview other than “Thank you for applying, you will receive an email from us in about a week with our decision”.

I am always very clear that hardly anyone gets 40 hrs (even our TL’s get 37) and MOST TM’s average 15. I do say the more you learn the more areas you can cover and pick up but no amount of hours is guaranteed. Waste of time to onboard and train to have them quit. I have NEVER been TOLD to say anything specific in an interview other than “Thank you for applying, you will receive an email from us in about a week with our decision”.

TL's getting 37 amazes me. I thought they were guaranteed 40 everywhere. I don't get a guaranteed 40, but I'm usually not too far off, especially after the swap board.

Scheduled 36.5, 33, 40, 33.5 the past 4 weeks, after raiding swap board that became 36.5, 40, 40, 38.25.

Back