Archived Asked to move to PMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needles

Boat captain
so my STL put my name in a while back for a promotion to PMT, and I have a few questions.

What would the pay grade be, and what would that translate to in a dollar figure? (store base pay is $9.50, and no one has given me a straight answer)

Are there advancement opportunities?

Is it fixed 6am-245pm or can that be worked with?

Thanks guys!

You'll have to negotiate pay after you get the job and DON'T forget to bring it up or you'll end up at the bottom end of the spectrum. I know in my district on the west coast most new PMT'S start at anywhere between 16 and 20 bucks. But you gotta negotiate that pay.

Pay can be negotiated, but PG17 in a 9.25 base pay store is 17.25 if I remember correctly.

Holidays are typically off. 6am-2:45pm. Weekends off. Sometimes you have to do overnights for gondala building or other projects. PMT is probably the best position in the store if you're competent and can manage your time properly.

Oh and advancement opp - ETL-LOG ---> BP-PMT is the logical course. But PMT can lead into any ETL position as it's kinda a Sr.TL position. But its tough for PMT's to move up, as it's a hard position to replace. And it's a hard position to leave as it has some perks that can't be replaced in any other retail position.

Do it. It's one of the best positions in the store. Very independent work, awesome hours, holidays and weekends off, Sr TL pay with no LOD shifts.

It's PG17, which is the highest hourly paygrade.

Thank you all so much. From what I've gathered this is probably the best thing that has ever happened to me career wise.

Its not easy, but if you're able to balance tasks well, stay organized, and respond to unique situations without losing your head, you should be successful. Let me know if you have any further questions about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back