1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

ATM next week?

Discussion in 'Distribution Centers' started by Dcnewb4now, Mar 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kezz

Kezz New Team Member

It's going to be about their shift towards more .com sales. The wad a huge week-long exec meeting in Minnesota last week. Inbound is going to start ramping down their consolidated loads and become more dock oriented like it used to be. I've even heard that within a year or two ART could be done or just 1 line.

2. trowa03

trowa03 Booze Barron

From what I recall its like grading on a curve. Which I understood (and have started to see it played out) if you're below the average (speed/quality ratio), you seek other opportunities outside the company.

One way or another we are on a very quick train to Target doing something about cost it can control. Be it improvements to processes, pay cuts, temps, schedule changes, I would also expect some big changes to management as well, I haven't seen management (GM and down) this stressed out since I started.

Good time to keep your options open IMO.

3. smashandthrash

smashandthrash Former store logistics and receiving dc worker

Weird since they are spending a fortune updating art lines

4. OP
    OP
    Dcnewb4now

Dcnewb4now New Team Member

Agreed. They are currently updating two buildings I believe. And I agree with trowa03, haven't seen this type of stress from management in a while.

Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  5. smashandthrash

So... fewer hours for flow team, backroom, and overall logistics in the coming years, it would seem. That replenishment goal is quite something.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Logo likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Dcnewb4now

Trucks everyday would be interesting especially for slower stores. What would they do, have it a quarter full? I foresee our shifts changing to that of the udc's

7. smashandthrash

And what are those? Did you ever get an answer?

8. After that ATM, I'm not really gonna read too far into this. Remember a couple years back they said that Roverpick was gonna be the huge game changer? ...And where exactly is that now?

But to digress, I do find it interesting that they're trying to make the DC's into gigantic backrooms, light duty and all. And on another note, will all RDC's become either flow or reserve centers? Will any 'as-is' RDC's remain? Will personnel or physical building size be downsized? There's a lot of questions here, but I think we're gonna have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Hardlinesmaster and qmosqueen like this.
  9. SFSFun

SFSFun Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!

Wait so what are they doing?

10. OP
    OP
    Dcnewb4now

The way it was communicated us, tm's and om's I've talked to, it sounds like the rdcs as we know them will be gone and we will either be flow or reserve. Communication is never done properly so I guess it's just wait and see. And no, never heard what udc shifts are.

11. Goingstrong

Goingstrong Team Member

You also need to look at the benefits of all DCs becoming .com fulfillment centers as well.

12. Hardlinesmaster

Hardlinesmaster Business Partner

So what happened?

13. Hardlinesmaster

Hardlinesmaster Business Partner

So what happened?

14. SFSFun

SFSFun Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!

It's a secret.

qmosqueen and Hardlinesmaster like this.
  15. Goingstrong

Goingstrong Team Member

They discussed a new style of flowing freight (very few full cases, more single items, but on rolling carts versus repacks). There was a video on inside that showing the process.