Auditing before Pulling One for Ones

This might seem like an obvious question.

If you do a FLOOR inventory audit before pulling the 1-4-1s does it change the pulls?

I am asking because they changed how we do audits at the myDevice without ever informing anyone as usual.

Training at my store has always been terrible.

Last edited:
I think the answer is yes. There have been times when I've been pulling a 1-4-1 batch and think the quantity to be pulled is so large that I'll go out to the floor and check. (My area is pretty close to my back room space.) If I find the floor quantity is indeed wrong and I fix it, the quantity to be pulled in the batch is immediately changed.
But I don't do this using the audit function - just change the floor count.

Are the floor counts per location? What do you do when you are attempting to push 141s but there are 9 on the peg when it says it should be 8? I help on the floor a lot and I just want to be more knowledgeable.

Are the floor counts per location? What do you do when you are attempting to push 141s but there are 9 on the peg when it says it should be 8? I help on the floor a lot and I just want to be more knowledgeable.
Each tied location has a capacity, but the on floor number is the total across all the locations. So if an item has 2 locations one with the capacity 7 and the other has a capacity of 2, if they are both empty it will have you pull 9, if there are that many located, but you will have to fill each location. You can fix capacity by scanning the item, clicking on the pencil that is in the box with the location and then entering in the proper capacity. I do this if fulfillment is slow and I'm helping gm since the capacities are wrong like 90% of the time. Also if you increase the capacity of a location, you will also have to change the on floor number since it will not automatically increase with the capacity by clicking on the pencil to the left of the # on floor + # in back (# on hand) and then you have to click each location and enter in how many are on the floor

Each tied location has a capacity, but the on floor number is the total across all the locations. So if an item has 2 locations one with the capacity 7 and the other has a capacity of 2, if they are both empty it will have you pull 9, if there are that many located, but you will have to fill each location. You can fix capacity by scanning the item, clicking on the pencil that is in the box with the location and then entering in the proper capacity. I do this if fulfillment is slow and I'm helping gm since the capacities are wrong like 90% of the time. Also if you increase the capacity of a location, you will also have to change the on floor number since it will not automatically increase with the capacity by clicking on the pencil to the left of the # on floor + # in back (# on hand) and then you have to click each location and enter in how many are on the floor
I thought this changed last week and you have to use the inventory audit magnifying glass at the bottom of the screen.

No one in my store was even aware of this change.

Back