BABY HARDLINES- HELP!

I’m sure your SD and ETL know how it is supposed to be but it’s their responsibility to run the business how they see best fit. You don’t have to like it but if that’s what they’re pushing that’s how it’s gonna be at your store

The SD at my store followed the recommended TL dept. split in the modernization roll-out guide to the letter.
Our store has two DBO’s in infants hardlines - under a GM TL that also owns toys - they share all baby hardline/gondola areas.
Soft lines team stays on the RUG, all clothing racks - hardline GM DBO’s stay on the tile/gondolas.
There was a book - about a year ago - that spelled it all out. Our SD still refers to it when there are any disagreements about who should do what.
GM has the hours to do anything on a gondola - even baby bath which is all clothes/towels.
This is exactly the way it should be, and the way it is in our store - except when it's not. GM knows they own Baby Hardlines, and they have a DBO and a secondary person who sometimes pushes truck at night, yet they roll over truck regularly. No one in GM zones over there at night, and Style still pushes their reshop. For a while GS was separating it out, and sometimes they still do, and sometimes they throw it in with Style. It's been a struggle. Style stepped up and pushed several pallets and racks of BH a few weeks ago because GM was way behind. My TL has been saying fine, you want us to help, great - then give us the hours to dedicate to a DBO and we will be glad to help.

I'd be glad to help - schedule me one day a week to push BH truck and I will happily do it all day. But how exactly do you expect Style to fit BH in between all our other departments? Especially now that we are all on four hour shifts again.

I don’t recommend this - May feel good at first but come back to bite you after. You could risk it for a solution but I don’t like to take risks myself.

Yeah just eat shit from people who don't know what the fuck they are doing. That is so much better..

Our Gerber, joy, shoes are on the softlines pad so that was your work but if the Cloud Island is bedding then you did more than you needed to - I’m sure presentation thanked you For helping.

We have Gerber and JOY on the softlines pad as well but the first two aisles of baby hardlines are layette (JOY, Gerber, Cloud Island) and half of the third is shoes (Robeez).

(I am presentation, but that's irrelevant)

Since starting at Target 15 + years ago, I've always worked Softlines, and also mostly in Infants. We were responsible for baby hanging and basics. Then over the past 7 years or so, it's yo-yoed between hardlines and softlines, to now hardlines again who work baby basics.

Back