Archived back issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
so just called off today due to my back giving me problems from something i did off work but made worse at work. im a cart attendant and when i called off it's like they really pressured me to come in even though i hurt myself and want me to call again tomm to pick up a shift either weds or thurs when im actually off rest of week. i'm thinking bout just sleeping in tomarrow and not calling to get rest so it doesnt get worse, because in my eyes 10.78/hr isnt worth making it worse. sorry a lil rant and looking for advice here lol

If you want to keep your job, speak with your ETLHR and tell them the whole story. If you're unable to get carts, and are injured, then you won't be able to perform that task.

They will want to see a doctor note from YOUR doctor. Have him/her detail your limitations.

If you just want to quit, that's your prerogative.

Keep in mind that $10.78/hr is better than $0/hr.

i do not have the money to go see a DR at this current time and since i did this outside of work they wont cover it and i'm already scheduled off weds thru friday

If you're already off, then take it easy and rest. Call your doctor and leave a message for the nurse asking if you need ice or heat to make it feel better. Usually they say ice to prevent swelling.

If you don't have insurance, then do you have a clinic that takes payments on sliding fee scale?
There are ways of getting carts that are less painful, like get fewer at a time, don't use your back to lift when you turn them, wear a back brace to keep your spine stabilized.

i was gfoing to give it till thursday at least if i see no improvement going to try and find a way to see a DR

I know it's hard to have to pay for a dr visit so maybe they can write up a note for you to pick up and not charge you for a visit. It would not hurt to ask them to do that.

I hope it works out for you!

You should of went in, the lied and said you pulled your back. Target would of had to send you to the dr then.

NurseLine
The NurseLine is a free resource available to all team members that provides a first step in seeking nonemergency health services. Nurses are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to help you make good health care decisions and to provide peace of mind.

Call the NurseLine at 866-553-8711

You report an injury that happened specifically because of your job, why would you want to report an injury you got somewhere else?

I tore my knee years ago doing a lift and never reported because I was scared it was my fault. The item didn't have a heavy sticker on it and by the time I realized how heavy it was my knee was fucked. I found out a few days later the TL and another TM needed help to backstock it when it came off the truck. The item was for a caf and ended up as fucking backstock. I still have issues with my knee and wear a brace when needed.

I'd report it regardless, i reported when i smashed my finger so hard it bruised instantly just in case it was broken.. Doesn't hurt to have it on record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back