Archived Backroom Repack Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey gang so we got a new DTL in our area and after their first visit a few weeks ago we all got called to a huddle and told we are no longer allowed to use repacks in the backroom at all. Repacks are now to come off the truck be unloaded into carts and 2 tier carts and flat top tubs. Once unloaded they are to be stacked by the ballet or and on pallets and then sent back to the DC on the next sweep.

We got told its against Corp best practice to use repacks in the backroom and all we should uses is 2 tiers.

Does anybody have an answer to this one....Its really annoying and getting old not being able to use repacks and having everything fall on the floor and break. :dash2:

Hey gang so we got a new DTL in our area and after their first visit a few weeks ago we all got called to a huddle and told we are no longer allowed to use repacks in the backroom at all. Repacks are now to come off the truck be unloaded into carts and 2 tier carts and flat top tubs. Once unloaded they are to be stacked by the ballet or and on pallets and then sent back to the DC on the next sweep.

We got told its against Corp best practice to use repacks in the backroom and all we should uses is 2 tiers.

Does anybody have an answer to this one....Its really annoying and getting old not being able to use repacks and having everything fall on the floor and break. :dash2:

This has been the route ever since I've started. We're even backstocking entire assortments as well. Once we get a repack we organize em (black&red) and sent em back whenever.

Actually last week we had flow members "on accident" throwing them away! :D

At my store we do not use repacks. They come off the truck, get sorted and then get sent back on the sweep. It was really annoying at first but now I prefer it that way.

I don't work in the backroom, could you please explain this further?

We still use them all over the logistic process. The loose/non-casepack stuff from pulls, loose backstock from the truck, etc.

I don't work in the backroom, could you please explain this further?

In a nut shell the repacks "typically black boxes with Spot logo" can no longer be used anywhere in the backroom process. Processes that MisterLogistics mentioned. The repacks themselves usually come off the truck containing mixed random items.

basically its a stupid process that never should have been created that some moron at corp that has no clue what goes on at the store level thought " hey ill make life a living hell for everyone by saying no more repacks" not knowing how much of a trashy backroom it creates and how much product gets broken because of it.

I wish the morons that come up with this crap would just stop it, first repacks tomorrow it will be ...." hey they dont need a wave anymore they can just carry it down out of the steel on their shoulder.
"

Yeah. If that's a rule we ignore it. We have too much loose backstock to fit in the backroom carts. It has to go into repacks, end of story.

Always used repacks to send them to the backroom. We always swept 2 pallets back on every sweep. We also used them for loose things like huge amounts of cotton balls that slide everywhere in the wacos to backstock. We really use them for softlines backstock otherwise clothes would be sliding all over everything. There is never enough 3 tier carts. Like them for small stuff in HBA for backstock and you have to save so many for food. They took one for food backstock at the front lanes and one for clearance at the front lanes. The lod has one they walk around with, so the amount of usable 3 tiers has decreased.

In a nut shell the repacks "typically black boxes with Spot logo" can no longer be used anywhere in the backroom process. Processes that MisterLogistics mentioned. The repacks themselves usually come off the truck containing mixed random items.
Ohhh okay I understand now. yeah our store doesn't re-use them...only for unload and then they go back to the DC.

What the hell is the logic behind that rule?

Who knows! I see the logic of people just stuffing them full of stuff that's out of location, so they would rather make use of located wacos. I like them for pulls though, such as holding HBA or separating chems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back