Archived Backroom TM Report Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to batches worked on the report, does a batch with one DPCI count the same as one with 20? Does the number of "eaches" effect how its calculated?

I am just wondering as different shifts will get different types of batches, such as Price Change with lots of "eaches" but few DPCIs or Revisions with the inverse. And CAFs can be all over the place.

Cafs are driven by sales. Does one dpci count as a batch, yes. Price changes are clearance items with back room locations that need to be marked. Pog fills & revisions are pog batches.

Not sure if it's important to know but just because a batch only have one DPCI, doesn't mean it will take less than 30 secs to finish it.

The estimated time per batch DOES depend on eaches/DPCI's. It does not though take into account where in the stock room it is. Example, you have OFCE down 1 asile, also down a bulk run for all your overflow BTS, and some in bulk steel. All the batch knows is that you have 3 locations to pull and it should only take you a few minutes. Realistically though you're running all over the stock room and it'll take longer. This is where your BR-TL and ETL-LOG would step in and work towards getting fill groups all together.

I believe though that the minimum is one minute. So if you open up a batch with 1 DPCI and 1 each, you automatically have 1 minute to pull it.

The estimated time per batch DOES depend on eaches/DPCI's. It does not though take into account where in the stock room it is. Example, you have OFCE down 1 asile, also down a bulk run for all your overflow BTS, and some in bulk steel. All the batch knows is that you have 3 locations to pull and it should only take you a few minutes. Realistically though you're running all over the stock room and it'll take longer. This is where your BR-TL and ETL-LOG would step in and work towards getting fill groups all together.

I believe though that the minimum is one minute. So if you open up a batch with 1 DPCI and 1 each, you automatically have 1 minute to pull it.
very well said

Oops, forgot to include price change batches on my post though I only know Autofills and CAFs time goals can be pulled in the computer. Not sure about the other ones.

Most of the time I don't bother to go to the computer and just looked in the PDA and guesstimate how long the batches are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back