Bad coworker

Houston, we have a problem. So there is a fellow TM that has an ADA in place that made my store obligated to accommodate to her needs. She filed this when the team made the decision that she would not be a good addition to the team because she brought down the morale and just had lots of attitude and tried to be the boss when she had only been working SFS for two weeks. She was moved to SFS from S&E when she filed the paperwork and she has been awful. Recently our team has had lots of problems with her because now she will not even pick batches of OPUs or regular ship carts. I’m not sure how to approach the situation considering I am just a TM. The whole SFS team has been verbally attacked from her when she doesn’t get her way so this clearly is not a good spot from her. My question is why work in retail if you “can’t deal with customers”? If anyone has any piece of advice that would be much appreciated.

Like @BobSmith said, if she verbally attacks you, write it down, and report it.
Otherwise just stay out of her way.
The ADA isn't going to protect her from being fired for being a bad employee, I promise.
It might take a little longer because they have to get their ducks in a row but they can do it.
As to the "Why work in retail?" question, people with certain types of disabilities have a very hard time getting work as it is, sometimes retail is their only option.
In DVR we try to find jobs that will fit people and not make things worse but it isn't easy.

Last edited:
Let the Leaders sort this one out. If she's "trying to be the boss." - ignore it. Just report to the actual leader to see which task they want you to focus on for the day.

(Our FOTL- Fulfillment Operations TL -- lets people know which batches to work on, and it changes based upon the workload and staffing/call outs.)

Call corporate and have others call too
This is not worth a call to corporate. For being bossy, and slacking on work.

-
There are stats to see who is picking and how many units per hour they are picking. Leaders should be noticing when someone is not pulling their weight (excluding those who are put in other areas - like stocking for GM.)

Last edited:
Houston, we have a problem. So there is a fellow TM that has an ADA in place that made my store obligated to accommodate to her needs. She filed this when the team made the decision that she would not be a good addition to the team because she brought down the morale and just had lots of attitude and tried to be the boss when she had only been working SFS for two weeks. She was moved to SFS from S&E when she filed the paperwork and she has been awful. Recently our team has had lots of problems with her because now she will not even pick batches of OPUs or regular ship carts. I’m not sure how to approach the situation considering I am just a TM. The whole SFS team has been verbally attacked from her when she doesn’t get her way so this clearly is not a good spot from her. My question is why work in retail if you “can’t deal with customers”? If anyone has any piece of advice that would be much appreciated.
Metrics & mgt will address your concerns, just tell them & document all events.

If she snaps at you, calmly ask her to speak to you respectfully once. If she snaps again, ask her calmly again and report to your TL. Then ETL. Every time. Do not snap back. If she’s as horrible as she sounds, you gotta keep your calm or they can’t discipline her without disciplining you.

I had a similar situation with a team member. She seemed to have multiple personalities. Some days she could be nice but most days she was very disrespectful. One day she after she yelled at me that I remained calm and walked away and went straight to my STL and nicely told her what happened. The team member was immediately sent home for the day. she eventually put in her two weeks notice. Being calm and reporting bad behavior to leaders is always a good idea.

Back