Bad Key Control call for hotline?

yes. spot may deny your workman comp, if you get hurt while using the equipment. a trainer will do a hands on, after you pass the online stuff.
From a liability standpoint it's idiotic that my store lets everyone use power equipment without being certified.

I don't use any power equipment because they won't train me PROPERLY.

SPOT should be worried about an injury to ANOTHER TM OR A GUEST not themselves. The injured person would only have to show that SPOT let's certification slide.

Then again my store let's the truck team load U-boats 10 feet tall consistently.

Heh. When I first started a backroom TM told me that it would be a 3 hour process to get me trained and certified to use the wave. A few months later, an ETL asked that same TM to show me how to do it. Took 5 minutes.

No, I'm not certified. I can drive that thing like I'm an Andretti at The Brickyard though.

No one in my store that isn’t a key carrier have any keys for power equipment. Also when I got back to this store they were making the vehicles super high so I asked the pml to yellow tape all my bay post up to 6 feet. And I brought down all the steal to only 6 feet. Believe me that keeps them in check . We have not had any injuries in the Backroom or during the unload because of that.

Last edited:
Funny, the TL who "trained" me on the WAV never mentioned computer training. The TL showed me how to use it, I tried it, and she said "You're good to go!" SMDH. Glad I have you guys!
Honestly that’s how my store used to work. “You know how to use it? You’re certified” even though there was no paperwork or computer training.

Yup, do i have the keys to all the equipment in the backroom on the tech keyring? Yuup. Do i know how to use any of it? Nope.
I do lend my keys to the ones trained though.

Honestly that’s how my store used to work. “You know how to use it? You’re certified” even though there was no paperwork or computer training.
HR used to enter Power Equipment Certifications into Learn@Target. With the transition to Workday Learning everyone is held to much more personal accountability.

Get ready you are getting a new DTL and he is all about safety and your district will implement the new inbound process .
Store is going super extra with safety, they haven't told TLs about the new DTL. It looks like the district is also following our extra safety steps we are doing.

What is the new inbound process? Is it like how you describe in the inbound process thread?

Last edited:
Store is going super extra with safety, they haven't told TLs about the new DTL. It looks like the district is also following our extra safety steps we are doing.

What is the new inbound process? Is it like how you describe in the inbound process thread?
You won’t know he is coming until the beginning of Dec. And no Tl are aware .
As for the inbound with the team owning their own bays . But also the inbound moves to a new schedule where p1 and market comes in before inbound . That gives them time to zone for 141 and move in the truck 30 minutes after unload starts . Inbound will be scheduled 4.5 hours doesn’t matter if it’s 1 or 2 trucks no extending trucks need to be done in that frame time. Nothing ever on the docks as you unload .

Back