Bad Key Control call for hotline?

They’re currently looking at current leadership but I want to let them know of former ETLs that played a part in the bad key control.

You can report anything that directly happened to you. Do not report things that are hearsay/don’t involve you. Also talk to HR first.

I would say, answer any questions you're asked in the investigation, otherwise stay out of it. If you know anyone running the investigation you can let them know you're open to speaking with them about some things you observed, but I wouldn't insert myself in this kind of thing. Stuff like that can have a way of blowing up and causing collateral damage.

TLs and ETLs have been asked questions for the investigation but I have not. The issue is affected leadership is part of the investigation team.

Last edited:
If it gets worse for me (either via store retaliation or otherwise), wouldn’t this protect the current leadership more?
Also, could the store find out who reports something to the hotline if I declare anonymous?

Yup. TLs and ETLs collected personal keys from everybody with only TLs having personal equipment keys. They were nearly all Lowe’s copies.

Last edited:
Stay out of it. The keys are not the issue here.
A few safety concerns:
1. uncertified Tl trainer
2. No training on power equip in workbench
3. Was the injury preventable by the tm?
Changes made(assuming)
1. Certified training for tl.
2. No tm access unless certified.
3. Etl or tl To operate equipment
4. Safety checks every time equipment is used

HQ isn't going to be concerned about duplicate keys to the Wave. Now, if they were duplicates to lock-ups or any door locks they would be all over that.

The real issue isn't the duplicate WAVE key but why wasn't that TM property trained on the power equipment? Modernization means no dedicated Backroom TMs, so all TMs on the sales floor need to be trained and signed off on all the power equipment.

Stay out of it and let the process play out.

BTW, if anyone needs to borrow my duplicate WAVE from when I was a TL, just let me know. 😁

If several ETL’s goes against key control (making personal copies) behind SD and ETL-AP, is that worthy of a hotline call?
Store leadership is now protecting those ETLs from district and higher leadership. The ETLs no longer work at my store but within Target.

We got an injury with powered equipment for a TM that had personal keys and was not certified for the equipment. How the TM acquired the personal keys is not known to me. There’s now an investigation on our store supposedly from district to region leadership. TLs and ETLs are on the chopping board and couple of leadership have either been termed or quit.

Evidence:
Reedited to not be specific.
2 former ETLs had make copies of WAVE keys. A TL instructed I can use his WAVE key to make a copy at Lowe’s. A former ETL gave copy WAVE and Bale keys to a TM and didn’t check they were certified but they were not the injured TM.

What this isn't how it is supposed to be? Add ETL/TL/STL leaving their keys hanging in the baler for hours on end and you have my store.

HQ isn't going to be concerned about duplicate keys to the Wave. Now, if they were duplicates to lock-ups or any door locks they would be all over that.

The real issue isn't the duplicate WAVE key but why wasn't that TM property trained on the power equipment? Modernization means no dedicated Backroom TMs, so all TMs on the sales floor need to be trained and signed off on all the power equipment.

Is that really a thing in most stores? Almost no one here is certified to use anything.

Ay my store all inbound tm and former Backroom tm have keys that I’ve asked the pml to make me copy no problem with it . Now what im wondering is if you work in SoCal lol
Yup in SoCal. Did you hear about my store?

We have enough old timers that nobody uses any equipment without being certified.
You would think so but lots of the old timers thought they were certified. Come to find out it had expired for awhile.

Back