Archived BAD weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen a lot of leadership and management failures during a lifetime but this past weekend was classic. Super Target Store no carts for guest's because they are all in the backroom filled with everything but the kitchen sink. IT DID NOT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT ! I was just wondering who is going to stand up and say it is my fault? Or maybe just blame the TM's for not working fast enough in the backroom. In the real BREAKROOM that's all you hear is the complaints of the rank and file with nobody to listen to them !

Reshop needs to be done without delay. We were busy,too. But, no reshop, just a lot of guests.
Our ca person got some needed help to get carts inside the store for guests.

Last edited:
We have no food in the sales floor freezers. And 4 pallets in the back room freezer as of today. This weekend was a Clustefuck saturdays FDC truck 7 hours late and Sunday had 2 NCNS and 1 call off for truck push. They pushed for 9 hours on Sunday and we got through all dairy produce meat and just have freezer left. Guest were not happy that we were in their way while shopping. I told them welcome to target.

Expect More. Pay Less. is for guests. Expect More. Get Less Help. is for Target employees. Target sure does lay down a lot of expectations on their store teams but doesn't want to give them the resources to do it.

"Oh, your store needs 10+ people for the Pfresh process (as recommended by Best Practice)? How about we merge the food process into the GM process, give you less payroll hours to do it, add a food truck, and change your store from overnight to 7am. Yeah I think that's the best solution to keep our pockets lined with cash. You're welcome!"

I could see lowering team sizes but only if they added more full time positions. I've noticed that TMs who receive full-time hours and rotating weekends (just like TLs and above) are more loyal and reliable than TMs who juggle multiple jobs. Also, pay them more too.

4 NCNS on the front end. No opening Food Ave, only one opening cashier, no CA until we called one in.

It was a terrible weekend.

Yup, our weekend sucked, especially Sunday. Had 7 seasonal flats, ptm, of course, 3 cages, a bunch of tm's, 1 Etl, and a boatload of guests. A lot of my holiday spirit got sucked out of me yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back