Archived Banning M-Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrimsonRaven712

At our store, we've been told that we are no longer allowed to m-delete anything. For us, it is all in an effort to get our numbers into the green, but none of the backroom people are happy about it.

Now we are supposed to back out of every batch we are pulling, LOCU the waco, resto everything and then jump back into the batch. We were told that if we miss the pull times by a few minutes that is fine, but then we are still getting scolded for not making them.

I think if they don't want us using the m-delete then they should just pull it out of the system completely. Has anyone else been told not to use m-delete anymore.

And it takes only 30 seconds to Locu a location.

Now if you're locuing more than 5 locations in a batch, then there's something wrong with your Backroom
We have some locations that could easily take a few minutes to fix. But I would honestly just dump it all onto the pull instead.

I used to do m-delete bec hey, how would you know your backroom needs some fixing? (because I was finding a lot of ghosts and baffles)... that and I was already helping by challenging a lot of backstock from flow so backroom has less to backstock and sto my own backstock (from what I pull and from that challenge) (most of the time). But not anymore bec I like my backroom tms and I want to help them get a green score.

This is going back a few years I say 4 years. Our brtl and log told us this same thing even threaten to give us a write up if we did it. I told my log why should I take the extra time to locu just so you can have a green score. One day one of our veteran brtm decided to not m delete and to locu but not re scan the items either. Am not talking about a Waco. Imagine half of a light duty aisle not being located. After that our leadership said we could go back to m deleting

Our biggest issue with the m-delete is that people wouldn't scan the entire location before doing the m-delete. People who come into our backroom aren't trained properly so that make a ton of mistakes when backstocking. Pretty much all the dayside people need to be retrained in our store.

Utilize the Backroom Location Accuracy and Detail Reports to determine where the errors are at
M-Deleting lowers the backroom score
Using it a lot in between batches is burning, which is grounds for write-up
Just updating "cheats" the system by improving the score, but without knowing where or who is causing the errors

If you can utilize it properly, then there is no need to hit the Move/Delete prompt

It also affects the salesfloor replenishment process if the product "wasn't" in the back. Less product, less sales, less "hours."

Locu the location and put everything on the pull cart or on a back stock cart. Waste of time if you locu the location and re back stock everything.

Our biggest issue with the m-delete is that people wouldn't scan the entire location before doing the m-delete. People who come into our backroom aren't trained properly so that make a ton of mistakes when backstocking. Pretty much all the dayside people need to be retrained in our store.

This. It makes a lot more sense to use M-Delete, but only if you're actually scanning everything in the location to ensure you don't create a baffle. As others have said, using LOCU instead of M-Delete is just covering the problem in order to game the system.

Question for those who are more knowledgeable about the inner workings of the logistics process, particularly BRLA: When you use M-Delete, does it report the ghost as an error? Or does it only report an error if the M-Delete usage results in a baffle due to not scanning everything in the location?

And it takes only 30 seconds to Locu a location.

Now if you're locuing more than 5 locations in a batch, then there's something wrong with your Backroom

Have fun dealing with a ghost in Cosmetics, Pharmacy, some Toy WACOs, or pretty much anything Infant. Those 30 seconds would quickly turn into a minute or two. And that minute or two is a lot when you're solo pulling a 50 minute long round of CAFs when you can get interrupted by an SPU/Get for Guest/Guest Pull at any time.

This. It makes a lot more sense to use M-Delete, but only if you're actually scanning everything in the location to ensure you don't create a baffle. As others have said, using LOCU instead of M-Delete is just covering the problem in order to game the system.

Question for those who are more knowledgeable about the inner workings of the logistics process, particularly BRLA: When you use M-Delete, does it report the ghost as an error? Or does it only report an error if the M-Delete usage results in a baffle due to not scanning everything in the location?

An error is reported when:

Someone is scanning a location for a pull and the system sees an item that shouldn't be there. This is a baffle.

You are scanning a location for an item that is not there, this is a ghost.

Baffles are tied to the last person pulling that item in that location. If said item was not previously located there, it is still a baffle, but not attributed to anyone.

Ghosts are not tied to people.

Have fun dealing with a ghost in Cosmetics, Pharmacy, some Toy WACOs, or pretty much anything Infant. Those 30 seconds would quickly turn into a minute or two. And that minute or two is a lot when you're solo pulling a 50 minute long round of CAFs when you can get interrupted by an SPU/Get for Guest/Guest Pull at any time.

or shoes. ugh. Nothing worse than LOCUing an entire shelf full of shoes, and then having to BS it all, again. Better hope one box didn't fall behind another one. especially with Teeny tiny toddler shoe boxes, or women's tiny boxes.

Shoes is my least favorite to pull.

Utilize the Backroom Location Accuracy and Detail Reports to determine where the errors are at
"
From what I've been told we can't pull those reports until we are given access to them, and HR are the only ones who can grant access. We've been asking for months to be able to do this so we don't have to rely on the ETL and TL to check, because they never do.

From what I've been told we can't pull those reports until we are given access to them, and HR are the only ones who can grant access. We've been asking for months to be able to do this so we don't have to rely on the ETL and TL to check, because they never do.

Who ever told you that is ful of crap. anyone can log on pm me for more info

We are not allowed to use m delete at our store. If you show up on the report as using it ( which the only way you would show up as using it ...is if you didn't do it correctly). The first time you show up on the report as using it ...you get a stern lecture...then after that it goes to verbal...written etc etc. I understand IF you are not using it correctly and or abusing it ...then yes you should be coached etc. However, if you are using it correctly then I don't see the big deal. However, Spot is all about numbers so the etls, stls, tl ( most not all) are willing to cut any and all corners to get green and stay there. I just don't use it . Do I fully agree with it ? No...however, its a small thing to do to keep their ( leaderships) mouth shut.

Lol whoever told you that is either full of shit or doesn't know how to do it either.

Use the "Store Applications" program that's on he desktop of every PC in the store. The login info varies by store but the signing PC probably has it already signed in (POG team can tell you how to login if needed).

I forget exactly which option to go to, but it's something about backroom. Just mess around with it for a few minutes and you should be able to find the backroom detail report.

And this is just one way of many stores fake numbers and Target rolls along with small problems growing into big ones and nobody knowing until it is to late. The worst part is that soon it requires everyone to cheat to keep up with numbers the cheaters are putting out. And this is Targets fault because instead of using metrics as a guide they use them as a weapon to go after people.

The newer TMs at my store ask me what the M button does I tell them the exact same words my trainer told me "don't touch that you'll ruin the backroom". Which doesn't apply to new TM transfers who will just m delete cause its faster right?

We are not allowed to use m delete at our store. If you show up on the report as using it ( which the only way you would show up as using it ...is if you didn't do it correctly).

Soooo.. if you're doing correctly by scanning everything in the location before using m-delete, you won't show up on the report? But that would still be a ding against a green score, right?

This is going back a few years I say 4 years. Our brtl and log told us this same thing even threaten to give us a write up if we did it. I told my log why should I take the extra time to locu just so you can have a green score. One day one of our veteran brtm decided to not m delete and to locu but not re scan the items either. Am not talking about a Waco. Imagine half of a light duty aisle not being located. After that our leadership said we could go back to m deleting

Exactly. Why should I hide your TMs failure and your failure to correct it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back