Archived basic functions of a MyDevice

Status
Not open for further replies.
we all have mobile phones in our pockets and know how to use them but at our store only the fulltime softline workers have access and use the MyDevice.. there are four seasonals and we were all hired at the beginning of Sept.. but none of us ever have any opp to answer the phone or to use a my device to help find items for customers... we are scheduled for evenings and weekends and only zone and rehop...is it the same in other stores...? also the environment is very hostile but maybe it's just the specific workers..

can someone list the basic functions on a mydevice. thanks.

Do search by either name or dcpi
Check product availability at other stores
Check online

collect dust and unable to charge ...

hmm on a flip note
i'm gonna requisition a toothbrush
and scrub those connectors good as hell

and see if those 7 my devices that don't charge "come back to life, back to reality" !!

but none of us ever have any opp to answer the phone or to use a my device to help find items for customers... we are scheduled for evenings and weekends and only zone and rehop...is it the same in other stores...? also the environment is very hostile but maybe it's just the specific workers..

This is not the way it is in my store. Our seasonal tms are working mostly nights and weekends, but are being taught to do everything, phones included, because most of our full timers despise the phones (including me). Our softlines team is constantly losing people, so my TL is having everyone train to do everything. And I find the environment hostile too. I work in various areas at my store and softlines is my absolute least favorite. When a bunch of girls/women are working together they can be way too bitchy and catty imo.

Softlines at my store is a bunch of old ladies and a couple gay guys. They all tend to be super friendly and easygoing. Softlines rarely ever has a Mydevice aside from the operator.

Multiple people in softlines have myDevices? For what? Electronics doesn't have one? No one is hardlines has one? I find that hard to believe, are you sure you have your info correct? I work in a low-volume store, we have 17 active myDevices and every single closer gets the opportunity to use one.

I would much prefer hardline folks to have a MyDevice and maybe one softlines TM. Softlines isn't scanning their reshop, they're doing it by memory. The only places softlines might need a MyDevice is for socks and infant hardlines.

collect dust and unable to charge ...

hmm on a flip note
i'm gonna requisition a toothbrush
and scrub those connectors good as hell

and see if those 7 my devices that don't charge "come back to life, back to reality" !!
Back to the here and now where they actually scan?

I never have a chance to do anything during the late afternoons or evenings other than reshop or zone... but I notice the full timers.. use the MyDevice for helping customers check for items not found in softlines.. also I see them using and MyDevice for missing price tags and damages,, it really is very hostile group...they are always criticizing our work.. meanwhile they spend half their time texting and laughing...

I would much prefer hardline folks to have a MyDevice and maybe one softlines TM. Softlines isn't scanning their reshop, they're doing it by memory. The only places softlines might need a MyDevice is for socks and infant hardlines.

Softlines doesn't need it for reshop, that's true. BUT, we do use it for workload (because we do have planos on our side of the store not covered by the plano team) and we use it for filling the floor from the backroom. SL closers typically have no need for one. I'd be happy just to have two assigned to our dept in the mornings and one at night. The Operator should always have one if possible ... it makes it less necessary to yell at the SF team about whether or not we carry something or have it in stock and then the morning workload person can't do their job without one.

I've always wished they'd assign My Devices by dept rather than first come first serve. There are positions in the store, especially in logistics that simply cannot do their job at all without one. It seems to me people would be more responsible and careful of equipment if they had select numbers for their dept usage that no one else could touch except their TMs.... but then that's probably something that will never happen.

've always wished they'd assign My Devices by dept rather than first come first serve. There are positions in the store, especially in logistics that simply cannot do their job at all without one. It seems to me people would be more responsible and careful of equipment if they had select numbers for their dept usage that no one else could touch except their TMs.... but then that's probably something that will never happen.
The LOD should be reassigning equipment as necessary. Our POG team has 3 designated PDAs. They share them between HL and SL. If someone doesn't want to share, he gets to do the pulling ;).

That makes sense. My store doesn't schedule an operator and salesfloor doesn't set any POGs or SPL's. We normally have one SL TM during the day and a few closers.

The LOD should be reassigning equipment as necessary. Our POG team has 3 designated PDAs. They share them between HL and SL. If someone doesn't want to share, he gets to do the pulling ;).

Wow.... our POG team gets one to share among them for pulls but they use the MyDevice for ties and setting. I typically come in at 4am to set SL planos because our receiver doesn't come in till 5am and that way I can use her PDA for pulls and put it back before she shows up. I only use a PDA for pulling batches because you can't do that on the My Device yet. More than happy to hand it back over when I get my products pulled.

That makes sense. My store doesn't schedule an operator and salesfloor doesn't set any POGs or SPL's. We normally have one SL TM during the day and a few closers.

Ahhhh.... that would make the difference. If your SL team doesn't set any planos and you don't have an OP all the time, clearly they don't need a My Device. Even in Infant Hardlines it's really not that hard to find where something goes without one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back