Batch size

I have heard that fulfillment a couple of weeks ago.

It makes me wonder whether they are jumping up the batch size to offset a high INF.

3 INFs in a batch of 30 is 10%
3 INFs in a batch of 45 is 6.7%

I have heard that fulfillment a couple of weeks ago.

It makes me wonder whether they are jumping up the batch size to offset a high INF.

3 INFs in a batch of 30 is 10%
3 INFs in a batch of 45 is 6.7%
At the end of the day it doesn't really effect inf though. The more you can do at once should lead to a better pick time as you don't as 2 batches is about equal to 3 old ones so you only have to walk around the store twice. I know most of the time my cart was never packed to begin with unless I had a bunch of bigger items. So 90% of the time it should lead to more efficient picking. I do expect it to be more of a challenge q4 when you pick a lot of toys but hopefully the estimated cart size is better by then.

The only issue I have with this now is when you have more orders of clothing than you do hold locations. I like to bag my clothing together and have it prepped and ready before packing.

At the end of the day it doesn't really effect inf though. The more you can do at once should lead to a better pick time as you don't as 2 batches is about equal to 3 old ones so you only have to walk around the store twice. I know most of the time my cart was never packed to begin with unless I had a bunch of bigger items. So 90% of the time it should lead to more efficient picking. I do expect it to be more of a challenge q4 when you pick a lot of toys but hopefully the estimated cart size is better by then.
I not sure how stores track the INF issue.

I would look at what department and has the most and go from there.

Suggested box sizes are also given based on "size of the item"

We all know how often that is disgracefully wrong lol. Which is why my ship carts are now often overflowing, or underfilled.

My record is L13 down to an S6 (It was literally just a box of something medium sized). I also had an L8 down to an S5 today (one belt). I've also had to use L13s for suggested L8s when it involves diapers/paper. And of course can't forget those "L10" boxes that become TWO L13s.

If they would ban Style from fulfillment my stores INF would def improve.
Sheeeeeeit, the sheer amount of unlocated Style backstock we have right now is consuming so much of our time. I know they can't get it all out, not totally their fault as they have a couple hundred hours a month (!!) stolen from them by Inbound and early GM who have...some rather slow individuals. But it results in high INF partially due to the reality that I can't spend 15 minutes on a pair of panties that could be in one of 4 unsorted boxes.

Sheeeeeeit, the sheer amount of unlocated Style backstock we have right now is consuming so much of our time. I know they can't get it all out, not totally their fault as they have a couple hundred hours a month (!!) stolen from them by Inbound and early GM who have...some rather slow individuals. But it results in high INF partially due to the reality that I can't spend 15 minutes on a pair of panties that could be in one of 4 unsorted boxes.
Do you use an RFID gun to locate? I've found it works amazingly well even when we are looking for "something that came in today in one of the repacks on one of those 2 pallets" situations.

By the end of October, all hanging backstock is supposed to be located. Info just came out this week and it is for this exact reason- to reduce high INFs in A&A.

Going to be an easy task at my store as we don't typically have more than 8ft of hanging in back (outside of bras which are already located). A much harder task for larger stores with a lot in back, but it should pay off with improved INF %.

By the end of October, all hanging backstock is supposed to be located. Info just came out this week and it is for this exact reason- to reduce high INFs in A&A.

Going to be an easy task at my store as we don't typically have more than 8ft of hanging in back (outside of bras which are already located). A much harder task for larger stores with a lot in back, but it should pay off with improved INF %.
How will that work since hanging style doesn't have a capacity on the floor to generate a pull? Will they just have to manually pull every time they need to move product to the floor?

Edit to add that if hanging style is properly "zoned", it's not particularly difficult to find something unless it's all jam packed in there

We have been locating hanging and it has made a big difference. It isn't generating pulls, but it is letting fulfillment know where it is. If Style needs the items, they do manual pulls rather than just taking it out to the floor like they did before. They weren't typically pulling onesie/twosies to fill the floor anyhow, so it isn't a big deal.

Do you use an RFID gun to locate? I've found it works amazingly well even when we are looking for "something that came in today in one of the repacks on one of those 2 pallets" situations.
Yeah, but depending on the state of style breakout, even with RFID it can still take 5 minutes to find something from a pile of repacks or the dreaded panty boxes lol. The lack of RFID guns (3 in the store, though 1 is lost) make it tough because my team is always using them.

We have been locating hanging and it has made a big difference. It isn't generating pulls, but it is letting fulfillment know where it is. If Style needs the items, they do manual pulls rather than just taking it out to the floor like they did before. They weren't typically pulling onesie/twosies to fill the floor anyhow, so it isn't a big deal.
How are you locating hang of the strategy hasn’t come out yet ?

Back