Archived Beauty Behind On Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a Beauty TM and lately we’ve had an issue not getting our truck done in one day. It will spill over into the next day and sometimes we’ll get behind for a few days until we have a no truck day to catch up.

Our truck load in Beauty usually consists of 8-15 repacks (on average but sometimes more), about 3-6 cosmetics brand boxes like Maybelline, Covergirl, etc), and then around 50 pieces of hair care and skin care box stock that flow used to do but now they make us do.

We’ve had the same 5 team members for over a year and each one of us is pretty good and responsible about doing our job.

We used to not have a problem getting truck done same day..,But this has become increasingly a problem since they cut our hours, made us do sampling at least twice a week, made us do the hair care and skin care box stock, and started getting on us about going for backup, doing cart parties, taking calls, and keeping up with our reshop.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Last Saturday we had a ton of truck and they made us stop to do sampling between noon and 5 and then at 8 we had to take down Ad so all that put us behind.

I usually have to go for backup at least 3-5 times per shift depending on the day and who is sheduled.

Does this sound normal?

We aren’t doing the sampling. Bought us enough time to finish truck most of the time. Not all districts will let that fly, though.

Going forward, it’s going to be brutal. You’ll be held accountable for every minute of your shift. You will be expected to do things not humanly possible.
Here’s what you are going to do.
  1. do as much as humanly possible.
  2. if you respond to backup, make note of how many times you backup and for how long.
  3. keep track of how many guest interactions you’ve had, and about how long (in total, throughout your shift) it took.
When you are questioned about your push/zone/backstock . The conversation usually goes like this
“Sarah, you had 4 hours to finish 4 uboats and you only managed to do 2”
You can breakdown how you spent those 4 hours and shut the fuckers up.
Good luck Sarah.

I agree with the person above I have been in beauty for a year and a half now and am in a very similar transition although our store does not have our beauty consultants back up unless absolutely necccisary but even with that being said I still spend a majority of my shift assisting guests and barely touching half the truck, our store director hasn't said anything about it to us and I just know that I am serving the guest first and I'm doing the best I can and I am happy with that. I'm hoping over time we will find a good routine for our new end to end process that is efficient for our 4 beauty girls.

At my store, which is a regular target, we've recently begun to be scheduled to come in thirty minutes before the store opens to break the truck down in the backroom. It usually takes at least two hours to partially break the truck down into these rolling carts (I say partially because these drawers are maybe 5 inches across and 7 inches deep, so some things aren't practical to break down). We basically have to break down the truck twice (once in the backroom and once on the floor). Also, every beauty consultant gets pulled at least once or twice a week to break down the remaining truck for hbo1 and hbo2 (which consists of 30 aisles). Almost every night we're either pulled to help with reshop/go backs/zoning for 1-3 hours. If there are two of us working (usually only on weekends), we get pulled for fast service, or re-shop/go backs/truck/planograms out of our department.

I personally don't mind it most days. Beauty can become incredibly boring very quickly, but the other girls I work with have a pretty big issue with it.

Your DBO for HBA should be doing your breakout during unload. Consultants are only to push cosmetics...but once again not all stores are the same.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back