Beauty/electronics TEAM LEAD position

Is Beauty Team Leader still a position they have at select stores to this date? If so that must be nice! :/ I’ve been a beauty consultant and have been wanting to move up but we have no such beauty TL positions, one of the style TL’s is my direct beauty leader. Kind of sucks and is kind of unfair because my leader is also in charge of the visual merchandisers, beauty , and style

Is Beauty Team Leader still a position they have at select stores to this date? If so that must be nice! :/ I’ve been a beauty consultant and have been wanting to move up but we have no such beauty TL positions, one of the style TL’s is my direct beauty leader. Kind of sucks and is kind of unfair because my leader is also in charge of the visual merchandisers, beauty , and style

So your TL's official title is a Specialty Sales TL. Low to Medium volume stores have two of these TLs that run the apparel department, you only get one to run Beauty and Tech if your store is higher volume, even then I haven't heard of too many.

Most stores have the Specialty Sales ETL handle Beauty and Tech directly, with some deciding to have one of the apparel leads handle it.

What you can do is very easy, partner with your TL and volunteer to essentially run your department. Development process starts there.

There's supposed to be two? Huh. Well, my store has one, and then an ETL of Specialty Sales, which is also the SD... I wonder why it's not two real TLs who can actually focus on stuff, because our Specialty Sales TL mostly focuses on Style and Beauty and Electronics are definitely suffering for it. Ugh, I'd love to have that role.

There's supposed to be two? Huh. Well, my store has one, and then an ETL of Specialty Sales, which is also the SD... I wonder why it's not two real TLs who can actually focus on stuff, because our Specialty Sales TL mostly focuses on Style and Beauty and Electronics are definitely suffering for it. Ugh, I'd love to have that role.
You sound like you’re in a very small volume store.

We're uhhhh a 4 out of 5 I believe, close-ish to a 3, so low volume? So we should still have two Specialty Sales TLs. Or rather, our SD really shouldn't be ETL of Specialty Sales because.......they ain't got time for that. Really I just want to gun for that 2nd Specialty Sales TL position, because I know our current TL would love to have Beauty and Tech off her plate, and I would love to have it on mine.

Back