Archived Becoming a Executive Intern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would i go on this path? A couple months ago, out of a joke for fun i applied to become ETL. My STL told me (this was when the 4yr college degree requirement was in place, now removed) that you wouldn't need a college degree if you can "turn heads".

Well, that never worked out. Every ETL & the STL knows i want to work on becoming a ETL, i've had so many ups & downs in this job. But, how would one work on becoming a EI?

Well, i was speaking about ETL - no degree, it was just for fun. The requirement is removed where i am now.

For Executive Intern i'm speaking about now, how would i go about that? Obviously you don't need a degree for intern?

Interns have to be in college, going into there junior or senior year, and it can't be a community college.

Interns have to be in college, going into there junior or senior year, and it can't be a community college.
In college, next year going into my junior year. Right now i am still in CC, so damn. Thank you

There's a clause....the DTL is the final yay or ney....so if ur Exec Team wants to go to bat for you then it's possible. That's what happened for me at least.

There's a clause....the DTL is the final yay or ney....so if ur Exec Team wants to go to bat for you then it's possible. That's what happened for me at least.
Hmm, ok. I'm going to talk to my STL/ETL-HR and see what they think before i apply. Thank ya!

I've done some recruiting for Spot and hosted interns, so here's some info.

You must be going into your senior year. It's really hard to get a spot as an internal (note, I said hard, not impossible; my market hasn't had an internal make it into the program in 9 years). You need to talk to your ETL-HR and STL. They MUST support you. Without their support your resume won't even be read.

You have to be an amazing interviewer. They will judge you harsher than others because you have the "inside scoop". Remember, you're actually interviewing for an ETL spot. They expect you to be ready for that. You also need to show that you're not set in ways or tied to how your store does things. You could be placed anywhere. Also, you could be doing any role, so don't go in wanting to be HR or AP. You could get anything.

My market has a large program and we only accept 10 interns a summer, but each year we have over 500 applications. It's competitive.

I'm more than happy to share more. Just send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back