Archived Becoming an ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it usually take for a call? Last time applied right out of college, I can't remember how long it took to get a call. I assume I didn't get it because I had no experience. Now that I do, I thought I would be a shoe in. It's been a week since I applied.

How long does it usually take for a call? Last time applied right out of college, I can't remember how long it took to get a call. I assume I didn't get it because I had no experience. Now that I do, I thought I would be a shoe in. It's been a week since I applied.

What position did you apply for?

A week is a long time not to get a call.

What kind of avsilability did you offer? Bad availability is the number one reason we turn people down pre interview.

I applied for etl. Open availability. Near ten years experience as a retail manager with Walgreens and a four year degree. Thanks for the input.

Sometimes I wished walgreens had a site like this where people help each other. We post on topix, but folks are mostly negative. Anyway, I saw another post that it took a guy a month and a half to get a call. So still hopeful.

Sometimes I wished walgreens had a site like this where people help each other. We post on topix, but folks are mostly negative. Anyway, I saw another post that it took a guy a month and a half to get a call. So still hopeful.
Don't give up. Spot has some issues.

IDK. I have, oh, 15 years of retail management experience and looking at the LODs/ETLs I am working for I am flabbergasted. I guess Target is more about image than results. ??? I love working at Spot bc I have passion for retail (LOL, but I do). However, maybe it's my former store manager life where I was responsible for everything and because of that was empowered to make a multitude of decisions wrt every facet of my store's business that I find Target's opinions as to what makes a good manager somewhat lacking.

IDK. I have, oh, 15 years of retail management experience and looking at the LODs/ETLs I am working for I am flabbergasted. I guess Target is more about image than results. ??? I love working at Spot bc I have passion for retail (LOL, but I do). However, maybe it's my former store manager life where I was responsible for everything and because of that was empowered to make a multitude of decisions wrt every facet of my store's business that I find Target's opinions as to what makes a good manager somewhat lacking.

Target sends young etls to college campuses to recruit talent. Nevermind that is 1/20th of their job ETLs actually have to work.

What exactly does an ETL do? I have my college degree and currently do cashiering but I keep thinking about seeing if there are higher up positions I'd be qualified for.

What exactly does an ETL do? I have my college degree and currently do cashiering but I keep thinking about seeing if there are higher up positions I'd be qualified for.

They are responsible for a whole department of the store. That means writing schedules, doing interviews and recommending hires, making sure their area is brand (stocked and well labeled), they do a lot of planning for the store and are constantly executing the strategy given by corporate at the store level. Etls typically work 50 hours and closer to 60 during q4.

Team leads make the store go - ETLs coach their team leads to execute a plan but when things go wrong the ETL is the first to go.

A posting for an ETL position went from active to inactive, and I'm still "under consideration." Does that mean I'm still being looked at, or does that mean the position is filled and they didn't close my application?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back