Becoming an ETL

If a current TL becomes an ETL are they told the store and exact position during interviews?

Suppposedly the ETL our store just hired "ghosted" us and never showed up.

I was thinking it was someone external though.

The position yes the store no
I wonder if they keep the store secret so you don't check it out during the interview process.

I can see why you wouldn't want to be an ETL if you already at Target if you didn't know where the location.

My ETL drives almost an hour to our store because it is in the same district.

In any industry I don't think anyone is willing to drive far to work anymore.

Odds are if you're currently a TL and staying in the same district, you already know what store has actual or upcoming openings. Target is like a small town, everyone knows everyone and everyone talks. We get gossip from all over the city.
I knew I was going back to my store the same day I was offered the position . My Sd had a smile when I asked what store will I get and said he didn’t know . The following week he came to meet me for my EIT status and I asked him to pull me out of training because I told him I can do trucks and break out at our store 😂. And he did, I never finished my 6 weeks training and went back 2 weeks later .

I knew I was going back to my store the same day I was offered the position . My Sd had a smile when I asked what store will I get and said he didn’t know . The following week he came to meet me for my EIT status and I asked him to pull me out of training because I told him I can do trucks and break out at our store 😂. And he did, I never finished my 6 weeks training and went back 2 weeks later .
You didn’t have proper training, is that why you quit?

It is possible to know what store you are applying for. I applied for a specific ETL position at a specific store but its not the case usually. I have also seen someone apply for a position, be told what store it'll be and because another etl leaves they are moved before training is even finished.

It is possible to know what store you are applying for. I applied for a specific ETL position at a specific store but its not the case usually. I have also seen someone apply for a position, be told what store it'll be and because another etl leaves they are moved before training is even finished.
So many corporations short change training but it comes back to haunt them later.

As to not knowing the exact store I would think that depends on how large the district.

Training wasn’t an issue I did the job of an Etl before I was one so no training wasn’t an issue or why I left.
The new Sd was going to be an issue . Granted I didn’t even give her a chance .
Hear ETLs got massive bonuses and 5% raises across the board this year..

Hear ETLs got massive bonuses and 5% raises across the board this year..
Don’t bother me one bit 🤣
I make more than I did as an Etl which is a plus however this new job gives me something that I didn’t have before , stress free , family time and ohh working 8h with a lunch and breaks 🤣 something that I’ve never had time for while I worked 14-15 overnight .

Don’t bother me one bit 🤣
I make more than I did as an Etl which is a plus however this new job gives me something that I didn’t have before , stress free , family time and ohh working 8h with a lunch and breaks 🤣 something that I’ve never had time for while I worked 14-15 overnight .
I am glad you’ve found something better, I was just relaying the info..

The title is a tad misleading though.
The retailer will pay 100% of employees’ eligible annual bonus amounts for the most recent fiscal year, a company spokesperson said Thursday. That is an increase from 50% in the prior year.
The company did terrible the year prior, which is why bonuses were so low. That they were doubled only brings them back up to what they were two years prior.

So the bonuses aren't "massive". They're just the normal bonuses that salaried positions get when the company is doing well.

I am glad you’ve found something better, I was just relaying the info..
I know 🙂in all honesty there’s nothing that I miss being at target . I could say I miss my team but it’s not the case since we text everyday and even meet for breakfast/lunch . I’m keeping my promise to them that I will always be there for them even with just a text and letting them vent . Unfortunately it’s nothing I can do for them besides giving them advice .

Does a HR ETL get rotated every two years or so?

When our HR ETL transferred to a different store years ago it seemed more like a lateral move than a promotion.

Also another HR ETL that left to a larger store I can't imagine being in charge of all HR due to lack of experience.

Does a HR ETL get rotated every two years or so?

When our HR ETL transferred to a different store years ago it seemed more like a lateral move than a promotion.

Also another HR ETL that left to a larger store I can't imagine being in charge of all HR due to lack of experience.
usually for more $$$.

If a current TL becomes an ETL are they told the store and exact position during interviews?

Suppposedly the ETL our store just hired "ghosted" us and never showed up.

I was thinking it was someone external though.
Tls are still put through the same bench process. They might be on the bench until a position opens up.

Back