Archived Beginning of the End

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIlllIIllIIIllIl

GSTL - Call me barcode
I am currently a GSTL and am about a month out from finishing my degree in computer science. I'm still with Target for a little bit longer. I've been interviewing and searching for a job in my field for the last couple months and was offered something that I could not refuse.

Today, I just finished my third and final interview for State Farm Insurance. I was flown out twice for interviews and got back a couple of hours ago. I was offered a full time position as a Junior Full Stack developer and will be relocating to Illinois near the end of May.

I just finished personal letters of resignation/thank yous for each of my ETLs and my STL. I will be forever thankful for their role in my development and time with my store and the company. I will forever be thankful for the people that I have met working at my store.

I'm excited about this new opportunity and it will definitely be different as this will be my first time living truly on my own and moving many states away.

This is more information than I've ever posted about myself on this website. Previously, I've always visited under my VPN (well I'm always on my VPN, and you should be too if you care about your privacy tbh) and had a barcode name. If you live in Illinois and want to try doxxing me (figure out who I am), feel free to message me your guess and I'll buy you a drink if you're correct! :)

I'm uncertain if I will continue to frequent these forums or not. If it is, it has been a pleasure serving with you fine folks.

Thanks everyone :)

I'm genuinely a nervous living completely alone and moving hundreds of miles away from home, but I'll be fine.

Illinois as a whole isn't bad, and if you're going to corporate, you'll be well away from the Chicago/Crook County insanity that gives the state most of its bad name. I have extended family in the Bloomington area and they really like being "downstate".

As for living alone and being away from family, look at it as a growth opportunity :) Yes it's scary at first, but so is any new adventure. You can do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back